Old 30-10-2005, 08:55 PM
news.telus.net

Default changed light settings, can anyone suggest fert dosage?

I just changed my wpg from 4 to 2.67...at 4 I realized it was too unstable
and hard to keep a proper balance of nutrients with the extreme amount of
light. I was dosing, as Tom Barr suggested, 1 grain of KH2PO4 and 1/8th
teaspoon of KNO3 every other day and 3ml of traces on the off days. This was
done to a 15 gallon wide aquarium with 10 hours of 4wpg light @ 25-27ppm CO2
with 50% weekly water changes.

Now I have 2.67 wpg...what would be the suggestion for dosing now? I was
thinking twice a week with the same dosing amount...like on Wednesdays I
could do 3ml traces, 1 grain KH2PO4 and 1/8 tsp of KNO3 and then again on
Sunday after I do a 50% water change.

Preferring Tom Barr to answer this one since he has helped me in the past
produce a wonderfully lush aquariua!

Thanks

Dave.