Old 16-11-2005, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Larry Blanchard

Default what kind to get.

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:42:56 -0500, David Dufresne wrote:

I put some Echinodorus Tennelus in my own 10g. They are hardy enough for
most fish as long as you got a good substrate, and with compact
fluorescent you should be able to easily put in 3w/gallon, which would
turn them a pretty shade of red. They also propagate pretty fast given a
good environnement.

I did the same, but don't think I will again. They propagate a little too
well. I wind up taking out a handfull every month or so.

Another choice would be dwarf hairgrass. Spreads reasonably fast, doesn't
get as tall as the tennelus, and provides great hiding places for fry.
Old 16-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Justice

I would like to get some grassy type of plant for my newer 10 gal. I
have some fishes in it 3 yoyo loaches, 1 zebra diano, 1 banded rainbow.
ph 7.2, hardness unknown. my lights are incodecent, but I will be adding
a energy saver florecent(does great for my other tank, and cheeper than
a new hood).

TIA
Old 16-11-2005, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
David Dufresne

Justice a écrit :
I would like to get some grassy type of plant for my newer 10 gal. I
have some fishes in it 3 yoyo loaches, 1 zebra diano, 1 banded rainbow.
ph 7.2, hardness unknown. my lights are incodecent, but I will be adding
a energy saver florecent(does great for my other tank, and cheeper than
a new hood).

TIA

I put some Echinodorus Tennelus in my own 10g. They are hardy enough for
most fish as long as you got a good substrate, and with compact
fluorescent you should be able to easily put in 3w/gallon, which would
turn them a pretty shade of red. They also propagate pretty fast given a
good environnement.

What Kind of Weed is This??? How do I get Rid of It?? - scan.jpg (0/1) Travis Gardening 1 18-08-2005 01:55 AM
What Kind of Weed is This??? How do I get Rid of It?? - scan.jpg (1/1) glenon Gardening 0 17-08-2005 05:08 PM
What kind of salt to get KRF Ponds 12 15-04-2004 03:04 PM
Please help ID and get rid of this kind of algae Mr. Boesmani Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 16-08-2003 08:02 PM
power tiller: to get or not to get one pgh Gardening 17 28-02-2003 03:15 AM