Old 07-12-2005, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Lawrence Zarb

Default diy external co2 reactor

I have an old external filter casing. It was sold for use as extra
filter capacitor. Basically it is an external filter without the
impeller.

I wa going to make an external CO2 reactor using plumbing parts, but was
wondering whether I could used the "filter casing" instead, and fill it
with Bio Balls.

Is this a good idea?

Old 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dogma Discharge

It will work for sure, although the bio-balls would probably not be
necessary.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

news:a9860ed054a5509edfbcf70ad91eb375.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old 07-12-2005, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
spiral_72

"It will work for sure, although the bio-balls would probably not be
necessary."

-and expensive!

Old 07-12-2005, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Lawrence Zarb

Another 2 questions....Where is the best position to connect the CO2
line? and what is the best way to connect it to the hard plastic casing

Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
spiral_72

Uh, I've used a liberal amount of epoxy before, but that kinda depends
on the type of plastic. You won't know till you try it. That might be
the easiest if you etch the case with a rough file around the bonded
area first.

I don't know what the diameter of the case is so a brass hose barb,
steel nipple through the case wall and a steel union threaded down on
the inside might work. Use O-rings from the local hardware store too.
If the diameter is too small, say less than ummmm 6 inches, it might
not seal very well.

I am assuming you will use a powerhead to pump water through the can?
I'd pipe the CO2 as close to the water inlet as possible. The high
velocity water will pick up the bubbles and the turbulant air inside
the can should help dissolve the CO2.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Aquaria Plants

Im thinking about setting up a DIY yeast CO2 system in line to my eheim
2213 canister filer. Should I inject before the H2O enters the
canister or just after?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dogma Discharge

After
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

oups.com...

Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Norm

Does anyone have an idea of the CO2 absorption rate into water based
upon the variable of water temperature? Simply stated: If you are
going to use CO2, what is the ideal temperature range of the aquarium?

Old 10-12-2005, 11:22 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Lawrence Zarb

Why have you attached your questin to this Thread...??

Surely you should start a new topic?

Old 12-12-2005, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Bio balls are cheap. Most C02 reactors have some kind of media in them,
amd some do come with what amounts to bio balls in them. The Aqua Medic
reactor 1000 for example. There are several plans for DIY reactors on
the internet, people in my forum have come up with some that may give
you inspiration or be of help.
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/eve

Robert H
www.aquabotanic.com