Old 19-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Paulo Marques

Default Fluorescent tube recomendation!

Hello all,

I'm on transiction phase.
I'm going to disassemble my 90L tank so that I can make some reparations on
my bedroom floor.

The thing is that when I put it back on I plan to make several
modifications.

Nowadays I have a tnak canopy with 4 18w Osram Biolux tubes, and I plan to
change that for 2 30w tubes plus a 18w Biolux in a suspended light gallery.

I intend to use 1x30W Hagen Aqua-glo + 1x18W Osram Biolux + 1xNot yet
decided.
And that's my question.
I cannot decide between the:

- Interpet Beauty Light (low lumens,good spectral distribution);

- Sylvania Aquastar (good color temperature, good lumens, not so good
spectral distribution);

- Arcadia Original Tropical (low color temperature, low lumens, very good
spectral distribution).

I would be very much appreciative on some advices on any one of these
tubes...

TIA

paulo m.

Old 26-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Frank Mamone

I want to avoid the bleached look!

I guess daylight is the way to go.

"Christopher" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
depends on what you want, but no I don't think they provide the ideal
spectrum for your tank, they also make for a very bleached out look as

they
are pure white.

.. .

Old 28-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:29:38 -0500, "Frank Mamone"
wrote:

How abput the plant tubes at Home Depot? Are they good?

Skip the plant tube and just get a daylight tube. More light and much
cheaper.

I personally like the Phillips Daylight Deluxe.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua