Old 13-12-2005, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Effects of fertilizers on nature

After I saw this photo of an enormous flower (
http://www.igman.com/misc/fertilizer...our-front-lawn )I had to ask
myself if this plant was for real? Or, was this plant engineered by
humans, and carefully fertilized by super potent miracle grow and other
potent fertilizers. If it's natural, I'd love to have it on my
lawn, you'd agree that it would be great fun to rest your yees on its
large petals while resting on the front porch.

But if its genetically engineered and if it's size was caused by
excessive fertilizing you'd have to ask yourself where is this path
taking us. Is this excessive use of inorganic or artificial
fertilizers, anhydrous ammonia, nitrogens, superphosphates, diammonium
phosphate and other 'nature-friendly' stuff going to pollute the
plant up to the point where the process will be irreversible. The
humans are using artificial fertilizers more and more and the modern
society is dependant on it as never before. Yet, our generation has
responsibility to act and make sure laws and regulations are enacted in
order to limit and/or ban use of artificial fertilizers and that we
return to more natural ways of raising crop and our precious garden
plants.

What are you thoughts?

Best,

Vasko