GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Effects of fertilizers on nature (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/109846-re-effects-fertilizers-nature.html)

Victor Martinez 13-12-2005 12:49 PM

Effects of fertilizers on nature

wrote:
What are you thoughts?

Fertilizer runnoff does have a severe ecological impact. It causes algae
to thrive, which in turn hurts the local ecosystems in rivers and
streams, even lakes.
We only use organic fertilizers (liquid seaweed, bone meal, fish
emulsion, stuff like that) and only when and how they are needed.
Weed and feed products are horrible products that ought to be banned.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Email me he

Koi-lo 13-12-2005 04:49 PM

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
What are you thoughts?

Fertilizer runnoff does have a severe ecological impact. It causes algae
to thrive, which in turn hurts the local ecosystems in rivers and streams,
even lakes.
We only use organic fertilizers (liquid seaweed, bone meal, fish emulsion,
stuff like that) and only when and how they are needed.
Weed and feed products are horrible products that ought to be banned.

==============================
If you have a large garden or a good size lawn the cost of those things are
prohibitive.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Victor Martinez 13-12-2005 04:56 PM

Koi-lo wrote:
If you have a large garden or a good size lawn the cost of those things
are prohibitive.

We have a 1/3 acre garden with a tiny lawn (zoyzia grass) which is
extremely low maintenance. American's fascination with boring, green
lawns makes no sense to me. Particularly if you live say, in Phoenix!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he