GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Laterite substrate? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/110218-laterite-substrate.html)

GS 31-12-2005 11:47 AM

Laterite substrate?

Does it matter if my laterite and gravel is mixed together or does it have
to sit under a layer of sand?

Shady 05-01-2006 05:01 PM

Laterite substrate?

Laterite IMO works best when mixed with a little gravel or sand. It is
not necesary to put sand over it, but it may help keep the cloudiness
down a bit initially if you do. Sand is not the best substrate
material for planted aquariums though unless it is a coarse sand of
arounf 2-3 mm.

Richard Sexton 15-01-2006 02:53 AM

Laterite substrate?

In article alttf.17189$6K2.950@edtnps90, GS wrote:
Does it matter if my laterite and gravel is mixed together or does it have
to sit under a layer of sand?

It says right on the bag you can mix it and even a little bit goes a long way.

Or it used to anyway.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net