Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Steve Michie

Default Eheim Help - low filter flow rate / cloudy water ?

Hi all,

I have an Eheim 2213 cannister filter - its supposed to deliver 440 Litres
per Hour (it used to I'm sure when I first got it)

It's 6 years old and has dropped in capacity over the years. It only pumps
out 250 Litres per Hour now - yep its all clean, and there's no air/gas
trapped inside.

Time for a new filter ????
Or some new parts ???

I'm struggling with green water / cloud algae at the moment and am hoping
that low water flow MIGHT be a possible cause of the problem ????

Tank Specs.
4 foot
18 inches deep
200 Litre capacity
3 x 4 foot "Gro Lux" tubes (8 hours per day on)
CO2 injection

Thanx.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Charles

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:45:33 +1100, "Steve Michie"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have an Eheim 2213 cannister filter - its supposed to deliver 440 Litres
per Hour (it used to I'm sure when I first got it)

It's 6 years old and has dropped in capacity over the years. It only pumps
out 250 Litres per Hour now - yep its all clean, and there's no air/gas
trapped inside.

Time for a new filter ????
Or some new parts ???

I'm struggling with green water / cloud algae at the moment and am hoping
that low water flow MIGHT be a possible cause of the problem ????

Tank Specs.
4 foot
18 inches deep
200 Litre capacity
3 x 4 foot "Gro Lux" tubes (8 hours per day on)
CO2 injection

Thanx.

Maybe a new impeller for the Eheim.

For the bggreen water, I've recently been pleased with a HOT Magnum
with the micron filter. to me it seems as good as a diatom filter,
cheaper and easier to use. Temporary until the green goes away, then
set it aside until mext time.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

"Steve Michie" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have an Eheim 2213 cannister filter - its supposed to deliver 440 Litres
per Hour (it used to I'm sure when I first got it)

==========================
Have you cleaned the impeller well? Is it thick with slime? If the well
and magnet are both clean then you may need a new impeller.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Optimum flow rate through filter. Brendan DJ Murphy Ponds 7 21-10-2006 07:52 PM
Does anyone know the recomended flow rate for a Skippy filter? nortyler Ponds 8 10-05-2005 04:02 AM
Water flow rate let's try it again Chagoi Ponds 2 27-10-2004 11:17 PM
Water flow rate RichToyBox Ponds 2 27-10-2004 06:27 PM
Eheim Ecco Problem - Eheim's Response JazzyB! Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 28-10-2003 08:12 PM