GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leggy Cabomba (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/110440-leggy-cabomba.html)

Lawrence Zarb 09-01-2006 10:54 AM

Leggy Cabomba

My Cabomba plants are are starting to grow very "Leggy", that is the
branches are getting furthur apart making the plant look a lot less
bushy.

Sorry, but that the best way I can explain it...

Koi-lo 09-01-2006 09:07 PM

Leggy Cabomba

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote in message
news:f4b431fd5b4b67b7fce3231b0ff5d697.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...
My Cabomba plants are are starting to grow very "Leggy", that is the
branches are getting furthur apart making the plant look a lot less
bushy.

Sorry, but that the best way I can explain it...

=================================
Cabomba needs INTENSE light. I personally have never seen it grow well in
an aquarium that didn't have the light intensity of a reef tank.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Richard Sexton 15-01-2006 01:59 AM

Leggy Cabomba

In article lgate.org,
Lawrence Zarb wrote:
My Cabomba plants are are starting to grow very "Leggy", that is the
branches are getting furthur apart making the plant look a lot less
bushy.

Sorry, but that the best way I can explain it...

Too much red light. Add a blueish or daylight tube.

Red caues long leggy growth, blue causes more compact
growth.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net