Old 18-01-2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
fusQuanto

Default 55g tank + canopy + 4 homedepot strip lights?

i just setup my 55gallon tank and i got the workshop lights from home
depot, but only one fits at a time with the canopy on the tank. did
anyone else face this similar problem? what to do? right now im just
going to leave hte canopy off, let there be plenty of light (4-4ft
flourescent F40's) and then if i want to put the tank in "show" mode ill
put the canopy on and take one of the strip of lights off. this is
awfully painful though.

also, how long until i can start adding plants? im planning on letting
the water sit/cycle for 2 days, then add the co2 injection kit.

where do i order plants online from, cheapest? the idea is to get all
the plants at once, yes? or do i want to go a couple at a time to make
sure they are doing ok? thanks in advance!
Old 18-01-2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Charles

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:37:02 GMT, fusQuanto
wrote:

i just setup my 55gallon tank and i got the workshop lights from home
depot, but only one fits at a time with the canopy on the tank. did
anyone else face this similar problem? what to do? right now im just
going to leave hte canopy off, let there be plenty of light (4-4ft
flourescent F40's) and then if i want to put the tank in "show" mode ill
put the canopy on and take one of the strip of lights off. this is
awfully painful though.

also, how long until i can start adding plants? im planning on letting
the water sit/cycle for 2 days, then add the co2 injection kit.

where do i order plants online from, cheapest? the idea is to get all
the plants at once, yes? or do i want to go a couple at a time to make
sure they are doing ok? thanks in advance!

On my 55 with shop lights, I just use one and have only low light
plants.

On the other 55, I got a regular aquarium light with compact
fluorescent bulbs in it, more light that way, two 55W bulbs, if I
remember correctly. I see the Nove Extreme puts four 54W bulbs in a
48 inch fixture, $479.99 in a catalog I have.

One place for plants, aquabid.com

another, arizona aquatic gardens, there are more, but I can't list
them at this time.
Old 19-01-2006, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

In article ,
fusQuanto wrote:
i just setup my 55gallon tank and i got the workshop lights from home
depot, but only one fits at a time with the canopy on the tank. did
anyone else face this similar problem? what to do? right now im just
going to leave hte canopy off, let there be plenty of light (4-4ft
flourescent F40's) and then if i want to put the tank in "show" mode ill
put the canopy on and take one of the strip of lights off. this is
awfully painful though.

Search places that recycles office furniture for T5, T8 or CF
fixtures.

also, how long until i can start adding plants? im planning on letting
the water sit/cycle for 2 days, then add the co2 injection kit.

Add them right away.

where do i order plants online from, cheapest? the idea is to get all
the plants at once, yes? or do i want to go a couple at a time to make
sure they are doing ok? thanks in advance!

Poke around in archives and see what people have been happy with.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net