Old 25-01-2006, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
fusQuanto

Default pressurized co2 questions

i currently have the red sea co2 setup (yeast), with a venturri to
disperse the bubbles. i want to move to a pressurized co2 system. if i
connect the venturri to the pressurized system, do i still need a bubble
counter? ie: do they both do the same thing for me?

when my filter is off, the bubbles from co2 collect at the surface of
the water, but do not pop. with the bubbles sitting there, is the water
obtaining co2? in other words, if the bubbles rise to the surface and
pop, as when my filter is on, am i getting less co2 into the water?

ive read many DIY articles which state you can get a 10lb tank for
$35-40. i called around today to many shops and the cheapest i found a
10lb tank was for 93$. what is everyone elses experience with this?

also can someone point me to where i should order a gauge from? or a
brand, etc. thanks
Old 25-01-2006, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Far Thunder

"fusQuanto" wrote in message ...
*SNIP*
ive read many DIY articles which state you can get a 10lb tank for $35-40. i called around today to many shops and the
cheapest i found a 10lb tank was for 93$. what is everyone elses experience with this?

Used, you may be able to find one locally, or you may not. check e-bay. Or, I found this company during my recent search for
the same thing. Good prices to me, I could not beat them, and they have a lowest delivered price guarantee; reasonable
shipping in US. BeverageFactory.com..variety of cylinder sizes to choose from:

http://www.beeromatic.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2.shtml

No affiliation with them, but saved me quite a bit of cash on my cylinder. Cylinders are brand new, shipped empty..you will
need a source to fill it locally.
As for your gauge question..opinions will vary, Google for CO2 regulator..shop around for what you're needing and what you're
willing to pay..quite a few places on the web, and many regulators to choose from. I didn't get mine from the above
referenced site, so won't vouch for them there, but they do sell regulators also.

HTH
-lila pilamaya