Old 30-01-2006, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

Default Using Miracle Grow in fishtanks

Has anyone tried using something like Miracle Grow for houseplants with all
the micronutrients in a fishtank? Does it make the algae grow wild or harm
fish?
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 30-01-2006, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

In article , Koi-lo Do Not Reply wrote:
Has anyone tried using something like Miracle Grow for houseplants with all
the micronutrients in a fishtank? Does it make the algae grow wild or harm
fish?

Terrestrial fertilizers contain ammonia and are inappropriate for fishtanks.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 30-01-2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article , Koi-lo Do Not Reply wrote:
Has anyone tried using something like Miracle Grow for houseplants with
all
the micronutrients in a fishtank? Does it make the algae grow wild or
harm
fish?

Terrestrial fertilizers contain ammonia and are inappropriate for
fishtanks.

===================
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I just read the entire back panel of the
box and you're right! :-)
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Troll Information:
http://tinyurl.com/9zbh
Reading Headers:
http://tinyurl.com/amm9s
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 31-01-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
spiral_72

Miracle Grow can have quite a bit of copper, as I have been warned.

Old 31-01-2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

"spiral_72" wrote in message
ups.com...
Miracle Grow can have quite a bit of copper, as I have been warned.

I agree. It's probably not for aquariums.