Old 24-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Craig Morrison

Default slight snail problem...what kind of loach?

LeighMo wrote:

Clown loaches get far too big for a 15 gallon tank, especially since it's best
to keep them in groups of six or more.

Try a yo-yo loach. They stay small, and are much less destructive.

Even yoyo's would get too big for a 15 gallon tank.

Don't get a skunk loach. They are nasty critters.

Ditto this, especially in that small of a tank.

Zebra loaches (botia striata) would be the best sized loach for that tank.
Depending on the current stock a couple could fit in there nicely. They are
also a peaceful, timid loach that does no destruction to plants. They graze on
them, but not for the flesh of the leaves, they go for anyting *on* the leaves.

Old 24-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Dave Millman

Try Botia rostrata if you can find them. They are very active and sociable,
don't eat any plants, and max out at about 3.5 inches. I've had mine for 15
months.

http://www.loaches.com/species_pages..._rostrata.html

Old 27-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Henk & Marga Jamin

David,

Get yourself a blue gourami and feed very sparingly for a while.
That will take care of your snails.

Henk

Dave M. Picklyk wrote:
I have a slight snail problem. I noticed a few last month when I populated
my tank with plants. Now I see more and more...and some of my hygros have
little holes in them. I'm also noticing a lot more snail crap everywhere!

I heard that clown loaches get too big and when they get older they like to
eat plants...what kind of loach could I get for my 15 gallon that wouldn't
be too big and that could be found in the LFS?

Thanx!!!
--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape