Old 27-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Bonehead

Default FYI: GE Aqua-Rays suck.

I had Aqua Rays bulbs in my 55's two hoods and they really
made the brown algae grow like mad! I did a test and removed
one of them, exchanging it for one of those Aquarilux bulbs by
Penn Plax. The algae went away and some bulbs I bought at
Wal-Mart started growing! Now the plants are over 14 inches long!

ALL my plants seemed to do much better with the Aquarilux bulbs.

The side I left the Aqua Rays bulb in developed brown algae on the
plants and ornaments. I soon replaced it with another Aquarilux.

The Aquarilux bulbs are not the brightest in the world, but the colors
show off VERY well with them and they seem to make my plants
flourish!