Old 27-03-2003, 03:22 AM
CichlidGeek

Default Banana plant

Yeah, I also got a couple of BIG leaves. This plant it lovely!
When I bought it I was told that those green babanas are the roots. Now I
see that it wasn't right. The plants grew so many "normal" white long roots
like any other plant.
Do you have the same?

Cheers,
CichlidGeek
Visit my aqua website at www.cichlidgeek.da.ru
Remove word "REMOVE" from email if you want to send me email.

"wigwack" wrote in message
Oh gawd, mine was relentless at sending out those things when I first got
it.
As I understand it, it's trying to reach for the surface, like a lily or
something. So I kept cutting those things off, until finally I gave up

and
I let one grow to see what happened. Well, it wasn't that spectacular,

and
it was annoying if I had to catch a fish or something, so I cut it back,

and
I haven't had another one since. Now it seems to put effort into the
underwater leaves...which are BIG and really nice now.

"CichlidGeek" wrote in message
. ..
I have two banana plants and one of them grew two long (~20 inch) stems

with
a leaf at the end.
I was just wondering if I need to cut these stems and plant them

separately.
Will they grow?
Does anyone have any experience doing that?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
CichlidGeek
Visit my aqua website at www.cichlidgeek.da.ru
Remove word "REMOVE" from email if you want to send me email.

Old 27-03-2003, 03:22 AM
wigwack

Yep yep...
my LFS guy told me to not actually submerge those bananas more than about
1cm. I also read that you can just pop it there, and it will soon root
itself in.

Mine has HUGE roots going along under the sand. and one or two new tubors
also, which remain above sand.

I saw one of these plants in a shops personal aquarium, and it was even
bigger...really lovely.

Visit my aqua website at www.cichlidgeek.da.ru
Remove word "REMOVE" from email if you want to send me email.

Banana plant Phil Long United Kingdom 11 05-12-2003 04:03 AM
How to plant banana lilies Jamieanne Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-08-2003 07:02 AM
Banana plant Phil Long United Kingdom 9 03-07-2003 11:44 PM
Banana plant Phil Long United Kingdom 2 25-06-2003 12:48 PM
Unhappy Banana Plant Tim \(BBC\) United Kingdom 3 27-12-2002 04:03 PM