GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cedar looking plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/11944-cedar-looking-plant.html)

jessie 27-03-2003 11:08 PM

cedar looking plant

i bought this plant from a fish store where a friend of mine works,
but he has no idea what it is. it is totally flat and looks like a
cedar branch. (except flatter) it has no roots that i can see.

you can see a picture of it at:
http://jessie.lowrysolutions.ca/cam/cornerfish.jpg

if anyone could tell me anything about it or what it is called it
would be appreciated.

thanks.

Ghazanfar Ghori 28-03-2003 03:20 PM

cedar looking plant

Thats Peacock Fern - Selaginella wildenowii. Doesn't do well totally
immersed
from what I've read.

om...

jessie 01-04-2003 07:20 PM

cedar looking plant

thanks! i looked at some pictures, and that does look like mine. :)
at least now i know why it doesn't seem to be doing well while my
other plants are doing great.