Old 28-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Harry Muscle

Default ATTN: Jim Miller - your Paintball CO2 experiment

About a year ago I read about Jim Miller experimenting with using Paintball
CO2 tanks to devise a smaller/cheaper way to use compressed CO2 with planted
aquariums. However, I didn't seem to find any posts on the outcome of that
experiement on google. Just wondering if Jim (or someone familiar with the
outcome) might be able to let everyone know a little more about what has
happened. Is the system up and running? How long does it last between
refills? What size is the CO2 tank and aquarium it's being used on. How
much did everything cost?

Thanks Jim and everyone else who might respond,
Harry

Old 28-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Jim Miller

Default Jim Miller - your Paintball CO2 experiment

Hi Chuck

I have the MicroRock which does drop down reliably to about 30psi which
should be fine. It's used to drive the autocockers rather than the main
firing chamber.

How did you manage to find another hobby as expensive as planted tanks? How
many welts do you have so far? ;-)

jtm

--
Remove NOSPAM for email replies
"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:21:22 -0800, "Jim Miller"
wrote:

BTW, the size of the equipment is quite small but you won't save much if

any
money over full size equipment.

I'll second that. I just recently got into paintball, and the price
of a paintball regulator isn't any cheaper than a normal CO2
regulator, and most paintball regulators are only meant to drop the
pressure down to 200-400psi, far above what we normally use for our
tanks.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua