Old 28-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Martin

Default FLUORITE w/o Liquid Fertz?

Alex,
mmm - yes I have a 100% Flourite substrate and the plants flourished for a
while - when they were first introduced adn for the next 3 weeks. Now they
are holding their own with CO2 injection. There is another thread here
talking about dosing with Nitrates and Potassium in order to put these
nutrients back in....

see Dosing With Nitrates - How much posted by myself. If you can't get it
let me know and I will post you one or two excellent replies from it.

My problem now is that Nitrate ad PO4 is virtually zero - so the only
nutrients the plants get is from the substrate and that supplies the iron
and trace elements. I need more bulk food.....

Martin

"alex crouvier" wrote in message
I'd like to hear those who keep a planted tank with fish
by using Seachem Fluorite ONLY. No liquid fertilizers.
I understand liquid ferts if not well controlled may very
well introduce algae of all sorts. But if Seachem product
contains enough macro & micro nutrients for your plants
why bother with liquid fertz????

Fluorite - How much rinsing ???!!! Nemo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 26 25-02-2004 04:07 PM
FLUORITE w/o Liquid Fertz? alex crouvier Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
fluorite? LM Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
Rejuvinating old fluorite? Tasslehoff Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
FLUORITE w/o Liquid Fertz? alex crouvier Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 28-03-2003 07:56 PM