GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   FLUORITE w/o Liquid Fertz? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/12055-fluorite-w-o-liquid-fertz.html)

alex crouvier 28-03-2003 07:32 PM

FLUORITE w/o Liquid Fertz?

I'd like to hear those who keep a planted tank with fish
by using Seachem Fluorite ONLY. No liquid fertilizers.
I understand liquid ferts if not well controlled may very
well introduce algae of all sorts. But if Seachem product
contains enough macro & micro nutrients for your plants
why bother with liquid fertz????

LeighMo 28-03-2003 07:56 PM

FLUORITE w/o Liquid Fertz?

But if Seachem product
contains enough macro & micro nutrients for your plants
why bother with liquid fertz????

Flourite provides only iron, and it provides it only to root-feeders. It's a
replacement for laterite, not a replacement for all fertilization. It's meant
to be used along with all the other Seachem products: Flourish, Flourish tabs,
Flourish Iron, Flourish Potassium, etc.

However, IME, a low-light tank, even some moderate-ligth tanks, won't need
anything except iron. You might get it to work, as long as you have fish in
the tank, and do regular water changes.

Leigh