Old 28-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Robert

Default L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords

Group:
My L-200 "Green Phantom" Pleco is doing serious and unsightly damage to
virtually all my sword varieties except the Amazon (naturally the most
common one). I've tried fresh zucchini which worked for Plecos in the past
but he's totally uninterested. Does anyone have more suggestions, besides
getting rid of him? We really like the fish but we love the plants.

Robert

Old 28-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Robert Flory

"Robert" wrote in message
Group:
My L-200 "Green Phantom" Pleco is doing serious and unsightly damage to
virtually all my sword varieties except the Amazon (naturally the most
common one). I've tried fresh zucchini which worked for Plecos in the

past
but he's totally uninterested. Does anyone have more suggestions, besides
getting rid of him? We really like the fish but we love the plants.

Robert

It's trade in time. If he likes swords there isn't much else you can do
except buy the pleco it's own tank. It's like my trying to get my wife's
cat to stop bringing mice and crayfish into the living room. At least the
mice are dead and returning the crayfish to the creek is a short walk.

I traded my destructive pleco for some stripped rubber noses. My plants are
appreciative:-)

Bob

Old 29-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Empty

"Robert" wrote in
:

I have a special passion for the great varieties of Plecos available
now and don't want to get rid of him. I'll give him a different tank
with some Cory breeders but it won't be planted. Anyone have
suggestions if he won't eat zucchini?

Prune your swords a lot?

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other

Pleco???? GaneaRowenna Ponds 16 30-08-2003 04:42 AM
A Pleco Question Gene Ponds 5 12-06-2003 05:23 PM
Wow - Blue Pleco? DWS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-05-2003 04:21 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Flory Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 26-03-2003 11:56 PM