GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sources of KNO3? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/12147-sources-kno3.html)

Steve Hall 31-01-2011 07:19 PM

I'm suffering more from a nitrate excess at the moment, but found your post searching around. I found the stuff here has the best purity vs. price
Inoxia Chemical Supplies - Potassium Nitrate (Fine)

Hope it helps.

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda mar (Post 71295)
hi all,

I posted 2 days ago, but either my server ate the post, or something didn't
go right.. so I'm reposting...

ok. I finally got my nitrate test kit, and checked my water... and it reads
ZERO. so.. it's ammonia zero, nitrite zero, nitrate zero (kh/gh=3, pH~7.5).
hmm...

no wonder my plants aren't growing that much. I don't have enough fish to
maintain a good level of nitrogen compounds to sustain them (may be I should
dump in some gold fish in there...)

anyway, jokes aside...

earlier, someone also recommended that I add potassium. since I also need
nitrates, I guess the best thing to put in would be KNO3 so I can get both K
and NO3 in the tank in one shot. I keep seeing it mentioned in this
newsgroup but I haven't quite made the correlation between the chemical and
brand/product name..

now.. so.. where do I get this?

linda