Old 15-02-2006, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Elaine T

Default Welcome to rec.aquaria and alt.aquaria. Mid month FAQ pointer andlinks

Welcome to alt.aquaria and rec.aquaria.freshwater.*, the oldest place
for aquarium info on the internet!

We have an extensive FAQ, located at http://faq.thekrib.com. The
beginner's section is http://faq.thekrib.com/begin.html and
http://faq.thekrib.com/begin-cycling.html explains why new tanks are
hard to start. There is a lot of valuable information there on
everything from starting your first fishtank to fish selection to
growing live plants. Please have a look at the FAQ to see if your
questions are answered there before you post.

There are also a number of very valuable internet resources on fish and
aquaria. Here are some of the very best, and you will often see them
mentioned.

Our own Netmax's site with great general information http://www.netmax.tk
The Skeptical Aquarist with general information
http://www.skepticalaquarist.com
Richard Sexton's site, with articles and a great photo collection
http://aquaria.net
Monga Bay with biotope and species information http://www.mongabay.com
Fishbase - very accurate species information http://www.fishbase.org
The Krib, host of many years of carefully selected rec.aquaria archives
http://www.thekrib.com
FINS - Fish Information Service http://fins.actwin.com/fish/
Planet Catfish http://www.planetcatfish.com
Cichlids.com http://www.cichlids.com
Greater Chicago Cichlids Association http://www.gcca.net
Betta Talk http://www.bettatalk.com
Apple Snail.net http://www.applesnail.net
Loaches.com http://www.loaches.com
Home of the Rainbowfish http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/
International Killifish Association http://killi.net
Thomas Barr's aquatic plant site http://www.barrreport.com (requires
free registration)
Tropica Aquarium Plants http://www.tropica.dk
Chuck's Planted Aquarium Pages with the fertilizer calculator
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/

General usenet info:
A list of fishy and usenet abbreviations is at
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/acronym.php
Newsreader killfile and troll info can be found at
http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/
More troll information at http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 15-02-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
CanadianCray

Oh that's just fine. Forget all about me!!! LOL

Crayfish Information
Crayfish Addicts Anonymous--------------------
http://www.canadiancrayfish.ca/phpbb2/index.php

. com...

Old 15-02-2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Elaine T

CanadianCray wrote:
Oh that's just fine. Forget all about me!!! LOL

Crayfish Information
Crayfish Addicts Anonymous--------------------
http://www.canadiancrayfish.ca/phpbb2/index.php

Kewl! I didn't know you had a website. You'll be in the next post.
Awesome pictures, by the way. They almost make crayfish look like
keeping. If only they didn't rearrange/eat/destroy the plants...

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 16-02-2006, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Elaine T

Charles wrote:
Charles waves and points out:

http://www.endlersr.us/index.php

Hey...this is fun. Is that your site, Charles? I had some Endler's
outside but they disappeared. I suspect the big dojo ate them. *blush*

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 16-02-2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Charles

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:52:41 GMT, Elaine T
wrote:

Charles wrote:
Charles waves and points out:

http://www.endlersr.us/index.php

Hey...this is fun. Is that your site, Charles? I had some Endler's
outside but they disappeared. I suspect the big dojo ate them. *blush*

Not my site, just one I joined. I've got many endlers, I'm trying to
get some variety in the mix.

Outside, when? The ones I had outside a couple years ago died when
the water temps got down to about 55F.

Old 16-02-2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Elaine T

wrote:

Charles wrote:

Charles waves and points out:

http://www.endlersr.us/index.php

Hey...this is fun. Is that your site, Charles? I had some Endler's
outside but they disappeared. I suspect the big dojo ate them. *blush*

Not my site, just one I joined. I've got many endlers, I'm trying to
get some variety in the mix.

Outside, when? The ones I had outside a couple years ago died when
the water temps got down to about 55F.

That might explain it. Temps here bottomed out around 55F this winter.
The mollies are doing fine so I figured the Endler's would as well.
There are a million snails in that tank so I never saw any dead fish -
just figured they'd been eaten.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__