GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Potassium Sulfate (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/123632-potassium-sulfate.html)

Charles 18-02-2006 07:23 AM

Potassium Sulfate

I decided to add some to a tank, figured out what I thought would be
an appropriate amount. For about 144 liters of water I thought 0.6
grams would be right, a chunk I picked up weighed 0.5, so I went with
that.

Reading Christel Kasselmann's book, she says to use 8 grams per
hundred liters to kill cyanobacteria. I guess I was well within the
safe limits.

George Pontis 18-02-2006 03:50 PM

Potassium Sulfate

According to Chuck Gadd's handy aquarium nutrient calculator, one would
add about 5 grams potassium sulfate per 100 litres just to get
potassium up to recommended levels for a planted tank.