GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Amano Shrimp and Loaches (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/12452-amano-shrimp-loaches.html)

Chris Spierings 31-03-2003 04:44 PM

Amano Shrimp and Loaches

Anyone have any experience with Amano Shrimp and clown and Yo Yo
Loaches. I'd like to add some of the Amanos to my 90 gallon but I'm
worried the loaches will use them as expensive snacks.

How have things gone for you folks that have tried these together?

Thanks

Chris

Victor M. Martinez 31-03-2003 06:20 PM

Amano Shrimp and Loaches

Chris Spierings wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Amano Shrimp and clown and Yo Yo
Loaches. I'd like to add some of the Amanos to my 90 gallon but I'm
worried the loaches will use them as expensive snacks.

I have all three in my 110 gallon tank. However, I also have ghost shrimp
which seem to be left alone by the loaches. Also my loaches are young,
the largest clown is 4" and the yoyo's are about 2".

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

LeighMo 31-03-2003 11:20 PM

Amano Shrimp and Loaches

Anyone have any experience with Amano Shrimp and clown and Yo Yo
Loaches. I'd like to add some of the Amanos to my 90 gallon but I'm
worried the loaches will use them as expensive snacks.

It's probably a risk.

However, my clown loaches don't seem to bother my Amano shrimp. The clowns are
about 5". There's a picture in my gallery of a clown loach and an Amano shrimp
sharing an algae wafer.

Leigh

Kay C. 01-04-2003 12:20 AM

Amano Shrimp and Loaches

Chris Spierings wrote in message ...
Anyone have any experience with Amano Shrimp and clown and Yo Yo
Loaches. I'd like to add some of the Amanos to my 90 gallon but I'm
worried the loaches will use them as expensive snacks.

How have things gone for you folks that have tried these together?

Thanks

Chris

I have one amano in my 40 gallon for the past 3 months with 4 yo's and
a orange finned loach (I cant think of the real name right now). He
doesn't get bothered by anybody. In fact he's quite the
daredevil--loves to follow my hand when I'm trimming plants or
rearranging the tank.

Kay

Daryn 01-04-2003 02:33 AM

Amano Shrimp and Loaches

I have had just the opposite result with my yoyos, they eat the ghost shrimp
and leave the amano shrimp alone.

Victor M. Martinez 01-04-2003 06:44 PM

Amano Shrimp and Loaches

Daryn wrote:
I have had just the opposite result with my yoyos, they eat the ghost shrimp
and leave the amano shrimp alone.

What I meant to say is that my loaches leave all my shrimp alone.