Old 31-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Chris Spierings

Default PVC cement in planted tank

I'm in the process of trying to change the return on my magnum 350. I'm
planning on using some pvc to bring the return down lower in the tank
and then using pvc fittings to turn the outflow into another piece of
capped PVC with holes it to serve as a spray bar.

Can I use the normal PVC cement to glue this all together without
harming the plants and fish?

Thanks

Chris

Old 31-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Yes you can, just make sure you let it cure for 24hrs and then soak
it in water for another 24hrs to remove any residue.

Old 31-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Chris Spierings

Ghazanfar,

Thanks for the information. I shall let it soak for a day or so once its
cured and go from there.

Thanks again,

Chris

Old 31-03-2003, 11:32 PM
DWS

Hi There,

I used pvc to make a spray bar to set in the bottom of my 125 gal.

I used the purple Primer - Put 3 coats on the pvc so it blended in with the
background. used a threaded end with a 90 degree nipple - connected the
hose directly to the nipple and i had a spray bar.

So I Glued it together, primed it, drilled the holes, primed it again, dried
it with a hair dryer, ran water over it and through it to get rid of extra
pvc debree, and then put it in the tank - no problems

Took 20 or so mins total.

Dustin

Ghazanfar Ghori wrote:

Yes you can, just make sure you let it cure for 24hrs and then soak
it in water for another 24hrs to remove any residue.

"Chris Spierings" wrote in message
I'm in the process of trying to change the return on my magnum 350.

I'm
planning on using some pvc to bring the return down lower in the tank
and then using pvc fittings to turn the outflow into another piece of
capped PVC with holes it to serve as a spray bar.

Can I use the normal PVC cement to glue this all together without
harming the plants and fish?

Thanks

Chris

PVC CEMENT FOR FLEX PIPE Mike Ponds (alternative) 1 23-04-2005 04:49 PM
PVC CEMENT FOR FLEX PIPE Mike Ponds 2 29-03-2005 07:45 AM
RO for a planted tank: Shakey's tank Shakey Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 07-12-2003 03:04 AM
RO for a planted tank: Shaky's tank [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 06-12-2003 06:03 PM
PVC Cement? Dustin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:16 AM