GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ancistrus mailorder source (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/12751-ancistrus-mailorder-source.html)

Chris Spierings 02-04-2003 11:08 PM

Ancistrus mailorder source

Can anyone recommend a source for juvenile ancistrus? The local shops
only get them in sporadically and they often are full grown and in poor
health. I'd like to get a group and see if they are as easy to breed as
people claim. I think I'll have to go the mailorder route.

Thanks,

Chris

Victor M. Martinez 02-04-2003 11:20 PM

Ancistrus mailorder source

Check aquabid.com
I ordered some from a guy in NJ and they arrived just fine here in TX.
Be sure to avoid those who ship other than overnight.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

DWS 03-04-2003 01:44 AM

Ancistrus mailorder source

I dont agree with the shipping comment.
I order from a guy on aquabid alot and he ships priority mail, i get them in
3 days alive. Now i would want a guarentee of live delivery though, which
that seller provides. Im not going to metion his name because im not
advertising for him, im just giving my perception.

Dustin

Victor M. Martinez 03-04-2003 02:44 PM

DWS wrote:
I dont agree with the shipping comment.
I order from a guy on aquabid alot and he ships priority mail, i get them in
3 days alive. Now i would want a guarentee of live delivery though, which

I think keeping a fish in a small plastic bag, chockfull of chemicals for
3 days in complete darkness is cruel.

Jennifer Brooks 04-04-2003 02:56 AM

Ancistrus mailorder source

I dont agree with the shipping comment.
I order from a guy on aquabid alot and he ships priority mail, i get them in
3 days alive. Now i would want a guarentee of live delivery though, which

I have done both (ordered fish online that were shipped either overnight or
priority mail) I can say without a doubt that shipping fish priority mail is
not a good idea. Every time someone has sent me fish this way, they are
stressed, dead, dying, ammonia burned, etc. Priority mail and fish is gambling
with the health of the fish. Every single fish order I have sent here by
overnight (UPS, FED EX, etc) has been in perfect shape, do not die, do not come
down with diseases a few days later etc. Priority mail works great for plants
and snails though.
Jen