GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Parrot feather in winter pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/135983-parrot-feather-winter-pond.html)

Marco Schwarz 27-02-2006 08:51 AM

Parrot feather in winter pond

[Sorry, should next time better as r.a.f.p]:

Hi..
Try to overwinter Myriophyllum aquaticum outdoors. It's
in a container. Did bog it 60cm (23") deep into a pond last
October, frost-free I hope. It has been icy since November.
Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks.

--
cu
Marco

Marco Schwarz 27-02-2006 08:52 AM

Parrot feather in winter pond

[Sorry, should next time better as r.a.f.p]:
+k
--
cu
Marco

Koi-Lo 28-05-2006 06:29 AM

Parrot feather in winter pond - Parrots feather

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Try to overwinter Myriophyllum aquaticum outdoors. It's
in a container. Did bog it 60cm (23") deep into a pond last
October, frost-free I hope. It has been icy since November.
Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks.

=================================
I leave mine where it is in the ponds over the winter here in zone 6. They
come back every year without a problem. They do pull themselves under the
surface in the winter and turn a reddish color.

Koi-Lo....
Aquariums since 1952. Frugal ponding since 1995.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer: I do not post from Google, Earthlink, Usenetzone or Verizon.
Rude, inane or obscene messages are not mine .
The person impersonating me is posting through Earthlink.net.