Old 27-03-2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default Liquid fertiliser for aquatic plants?

"muddyfox" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Well, I finally got my planted tank set up and I'm now onto thinking
about some fertiliser for it. Can anyone recomend some good products
(both macro and micro nutrients) which I could use?

I would recommend the Flourish (Seachem) line for aquariums. I have their
Excel, Iron and the micronutrients. I depend on the fish to supply the
nitrates and phosphates. I do add some garden potash (any garden section)
about once a week.

(Available to the
UK would be absolutely fantastic ) Also, if anyone has any good
hints and tips I would really value some advice on general
fertilisation as the most I've ever done before has been trace elements
and iron.

Same here. Now I use it more often and added Excel as per instructions on
the container. The plecos and ottos are taking care of the algae.

Tank set up is:

2ft x 1ft x 15" tank with 55watts T5 daylight, DIY CO2, basic filter
and heaterstat and ADA aquasoil over mulm and peat. I have no fish and
will be doing a fishless cycle before adding them (using NH3). I'm
looking at adding White Cloud Mountain MInnows and Pygmy Corydoras.

Thanks in advance,

It doesn't look like you'll be vacuuming that tank.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952