Old 30-03-2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
John Sankey

Default plants wanted

I'm looking for aquatic mosses and ferns and can't find any
store local that carries any, nor have I managed to locate
a Canadian firm who will send them by mail.

I'm not looking for anything super exotic, even a source of
Marsilea quadrifolia or Fontinalis antipyretica in Canada
would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:14 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

In article ,
John Sankey wrote:
I'm looking for aquatic mosses and ferns and can't find any
store local that carries any, nor have I managed to locate
a Canadian firm who will send them by mail.

I'm not looking for anything super exotic, even a source of
Marsilea quadrifolia or Fontinalis antipyretica in Canada
would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Menagerie in Toronto. Harold Slater has been selling weird
aquatic mosses for the 16 years I've known him and he's working
there now. Right now he's gone some very old and near dead
creeping moss that's been in salad tubs for about 3 mos by
the cash register, and some xmas moss on driftwood that aiont
cheap. $12? $25? Something like that.

He has a bunch of C. blassi almost a foot tall - real nice,
and tons of rare bunch plants.

He's getting a moss shipment later on although I don't know
details. I went last weekend and to a bunch of other good
fish stores as this is all the moss I saw.

The big, err, tall really, display tank by the cash register
is floor to ceiling java moss. Stunning and inspring display.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 23-04-2006, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
wizard

you can find he ww.plantasecompanhia.com/www
"Richard Sexton" escreveu na mensagem

Old 30-04-2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
UnworthyDuDe

Canadian Supplier
http://www.ottawaaquatics.com/

Do to bad weather in holland as of late, it has been hard to get any real
quality , all the plants that seem to show up and beat and not worth buying