GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring Resolution: Get Serious About my Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/141733-re-spring-resolution-get-serious-about-my-plants.html)

John Sankey 30-03-2006 11:33 PM

Spring Resolution: Get Serious About my Plants

"It never ceases to amaze me, the different opinions that pop up
out here on the net. I tend to agree entirely with Bill, and
haven't experienced any of the phenomena that John speaks of ...
started with some real lights ... 3.2 watts per gallon ... I was
able to grow a veritable tarzanian jungle of Ludwigia, Bacopa,
Hygro Polysperma, Rotalla, Wisteria, crypts and java ferns."

Just what I said! That's 80 lm/l - high enough light that you can
indeed use CO2 and fertiliser if your plants are healthy - and
they obviously are.

"regular 'ole gravel and some starter plants"

Again, just what I said! Regular gravel, not epoxy-coloured
pebbles.