Old 08-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Harry Muscle

Default Carbonic Acid as CO2 supplement?

Just curious if anyone has ever considered using carbonic acid to supply CO2
for plants. Does this sound feasable? I can't image this stuff being to
expensive since it's only CO2 and water. All one would have to do is simply
make sure that the same amout of carbonic acid enters the tank every day
(via some sort of drip system or dosing pump) and one could perfectly
control the CO2 levels just like with compressed CO2.

Just exploring ideas.
I welcome any comments,
Thanks,
Harry

P.S. Is there such a thing as a common use for carbonic acid (ie: available
at Home Depot under some name?) or should I continue trying to find it at
specialty chemical places (called a few but none of those had it).

Old 08-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Jeff Lowe

P.S. Is there such a thing as a common use for carbonic acid (ie:

available
at Home Depot under some name?) or should I continue trying to find it at
specialty chemical places (called a few but none of those had it).

Yes, it's called club soda and is commonly used to ruin good Scotch......

Jeff Lowe

Old 08-04-2003, 10:56 PM
350X_Rider

I have a friend who insists on putting a bottle in with every waterchange
for the 3 plants he's got.. I know.. I can't convince him to spend any money
on CO2, but his plants look good...