GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trimming Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/14343-trimming-plants.html)

Bill Beam 09-04-2003 01:44 PM

Trimming Plants

Some of the older leaves on my plants have a lot of algae on them.
Should I just trim these leaves off the plant? Is it OK to try to
rub or brush the algae off? Would that be better? THx

Ghazanfar Ghori 09-04-2003 03:08 PM

Trimming Plants

Trim them off.

Dave M. Picklyk 11-04-2003 07:20 AM

Trimming Plants

You want to trim the infected leaves off. The less algae you have growing in
your aquarium the better. The more you reduce the total population the more
your plants have an advantage. Be patient, eventually if you are fertilizing
effectly and constantly trimming and scraping algae off glass before each
water change you will be rid of it.

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape