GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Congo Basin Planted Aquaria (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/143665-congo-basin-planted-aquaria.html)

Jaybird 07-05-2006 10:21 PM

Congo Basin Planted Aquaria

Hi all.

New to the group, just wanting to introduce myself and at the same
time ask a question.

I'm an avid aquarist from South Africa and have been playing around
with various "biotope" type aquariums.

What I've always wanted was a Congo Basin Biotope aquarium, the only
problem with this is that there is only so much you can do with the
Anubias spp. Does anyone out there have any sugestions for a foreground
plant that I can use and still remain true to the region?

Have a reasonably settled tank going with A. congensis; A. longifolia;
A, nana & A. barterii. for fauna I have a couple of Synodontis spp and
Congo tetra's. am trying to get hold of Distochodus spp as this would
be the defining fish for me.

Any case, thanks all and I hope to share plenty of info with you all.

ciao for now