GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any DYI lighting guides out there? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/144010-any-dyi-lighting-guides-out-there.html)

Dan J.S. 13-05-2006 04:29 PM

Any DYI lighting guides out there?

I have searched google with little success. Any DYI lighting guides out
there you guys/gals are familiar with? Looking at a nice solution for my
planted tank that is being moved from direct sun light (where my plants have
been thriving) to a basement, where I have more room and a bigger tank (150
gallons vs 55). Thanks!

Richard Sexton 15-05-2006 10:14 PM

Any DYI lighting guides out there?

In article ,
Dan J.S. wrote:
I have searched google with little success. Any DYI lighting guides out
there you guys/gals are familiar with? Looking at a nice solution for my
planted tank that is being moved from direct sun light (where my plants have
been thriving) to a basement, where I have more room and a bigger tank (150
gallons vs 55). Thanks!

T12 flourescent (cheap)

T8 or (better) T5 or T6 Fluorescent (not so cheap, way better)

Arc lamps (best, expensive).

What's your budget?

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Dan J.S. 17-05-2006 01:27 AM

Any DYI lighting guides out there?

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Dan J.S. wrote:
I have searched google with little success. Any DYI lighting guides out
there you guys/gals are familiar with? Looking at a nice solution for my
planted tank that is being moved from direct sun light (where my plants
have
been thriving) to a basement, where I have more room and a bigger tank
(150
gallons vs 55). Thanks!

T12 flourescent (cheap)

T8 or (better) T5 or T6 Fluorescent (not so cheap, way better)

Arc lamps (best, expensive).

What's your budget?

Thinking $300 or so

Richard Sexton 17-05-2006 05:16 AM

Dan J.S. wrote:
I have searched google with little success. Any DYI lighting guides out
there you guys/gals are familiar with? Looking at a nice solution for my
planted tank that is being moved from direct sun light (where my plants
have
been thriving) to a basement, where I have more room and a bigger tank
(150
gallons vs 55). Thanks!

T12 flourescent (cheap)

T8 or (better) T5 or T6 Fluorescent (not so cheap, way better)

Arc lamps (best, expensive).

What's your budget?

Thinking $300 or so

Conpact fluprescent kits, build a woooden hood yourself. There's some company
that always advertises on the secon dlast page of TFH that has stupid cheap
CF lighting systems.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net