GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding vinegar eels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/14619-feeding-vinegar-eels.html)

Sam 11-04-2003 11:44 PM

Feeding vinegar eels

Hi all-

I have set up a low tech 10 gallon tank, and in it i have 2 white cloud
mountain minnows. I am wondering if they will accept live vinegar eels as
food, and if so, will feeding these be any improvement over flake? Thank
you in advance.

-Sam

Dave Millman 14-04-2003 06:32 PM

Feeding vinegar eels

Sam wrote:

I have set up a low tech 10 gallon tank, and in it i have 2 white cloud
mountain minnows. I am wondering if they will accept live vinegar eels as
food, and if so, will feeding these be any improvement over flake? Thank
you in advance.

The easiest live food on the planet is grindal worms: I culture mine in
margarine tubs filled with dirt, instead of bottles filled with vinegar &
water. Grindle worm cultures are mature in a week, and feeding is a simple
matter of tossing worms in the tank. Most of the vendors who sell them sell
vinegar worms too.

From the group FAQ:
http://fins.actwin.com/mirror/live-food.html

Where I got mine:
http://www.livefoodcultures.com/grindalworms.html
http://www.livefoodcultures.com/vinegareels.html

Sam 14-04-2003 10:08 PM

Feeding vinegar eels

But will either/ both of these be a good and nutritious food for white cloud
mountain minnows? thank you for your suggestions of grinal worms, i will
take them into consideration.

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
Sam wrote:

I have set up a low tech 10 gallon tank, and in it i have 2 white cloud
mountain minnows. I am wondering if they will accept live vinegar eels

as
food, and if so, will feeding these be any improvement over flake?

Thank
you in advance.

The easiest live food on the planet is grindal worms: I culture mine in
margarine tubs filled with dirt, instead of bottles filled with vinegar &
water. Grindle worm cultures are mature in a week, and feeding is a simple
matter of tossing worms in the tank. Most of the vendors who sell them

sell
vinegar worms too.

From the group FAQ: