GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   June 17th Saturday: Troll Free Groups (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/146621-re-june-17th-saturday-troll-free-groups.html)

Dick 17-06-2006 08:25 PM

June 17th Saturday: Troll Free Groups

On 17 Jun 2006 15:04:52 -0000, er
(X-Zenia) wrote:

For your own safety USE CAUTION to post on these usenet
newsgroups.

Posters are being impersonated and verbally abused.
Headers are being forged in other people's names.
There are forged messages with obscene content.
You can be their next victim.

Net criminals are attacking this newsgroup and other newsgroups
with a new
freeware program that allows attackers to commit the following
crimes
against anyone who posts.

They can EDIT THE BODIES AND HEADERS OF ANY POSTING, changing
the text of posters with the text of the abuser's choice. The
name of this software is HipCrime NewsAgent.

You can join troll free groups at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium or

Puregold which also discusses koi, ponds, etc.
http://groups.google.com/group/Puregold

Of What Use Is Being King When One Has No Subjects?
- B. Gordon -

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

I understand those that choose to use the google forum, however I see
them as surrendering. The Usenet is a great way to share ideas. It
is worth saving. I feel the best way to serve them is to continue to
do as we have always done, but ignore trolls, don't respond, let them
talk to themselves.

They are easy to spot, their words reveal their nature.

It does take a bit of sorting to find legitimate posts, but the Usenet
is too valuable to just surrender.

IMO

dick

Koi-Lo 18-06-2006 07:53 AM

June 17th Saturday: Troll Free Groups - Att: Dick - PLEASE READ!

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Dick" wrote in message

=========
I understand those that choose to use the google forum, however I see
them as surrendering.

A little about malicious trolls Dick. In a way the regulars here did
abandon these NGs, as they tired of the troll's abuse, smutty posts and
profanity. When trolls invade a NG no one wins. If you don't reply they
call you a troll anyway, and get more vicious to get your attention. They
put the blame on you no matter what you do - even when you ignore them! If
you do reply to them, they call you a troll because you replied. Imagine
that!!!! You can see it right here on these NGs. If they change their
nyms or steal yours to impersonate you, it's OK with them as they feel you
"deserve" their abuse. But if you change your nym they call you a troll
and a kook and abuse you all the more. They forge headers to make obscene
messages look like their victims wrote them. And no matter what happens,
they will always BLAME their target-victims. They will find a justification
for their abuse as an abusive husband justifies beating his wife and
children. Have you noticed that with all their complaining about nym
shifting they not only do it themselves, but refuse to killfile the
target-victims they demand keep one nym. If they don't plan to killfile the
target-victim why complain about their nym/nyms on Usenet? In the end the
best thing to do is seek another forum I believe. One that is moderated and
can block those seeking to harass and torment others on Usenet. The attacks
here are not going to cease for obvious reasons. They're *ENJOYING* what
they're doing as a disturbed child enjoys ripping the wings off flies or
killing birds and cats with a BB gun. I'm not the only one being verbally
abused and harassed as I'm sure you noticed.

The Usenet is a great way to share ideas.

This is or was true, but destructive negative people are killing NGs
nowadays because ISPs and some NSPs allow all forms of net abuse. When I
first got online 10 years ago such people would lose their service before
they could do much damage to a NG or it's members. At least on the groups I
was on.

It
is worth saving.

I feel the best way to serve them is to continue to
do as we have always done, but ignore trolls, don't respond, let them
talk to themselves.

They can't be saved. Look how rude and profane the "impersonator" is to
newbies on these groups. The other trolls back him up, teach him how to
hide his identity to better abuse others, and in general encourage the
abuse, then sit back and watch the show with a bag of popcorn and a cold
beer. You think not? That's exactly what one troll admitted they do.
And as you can see it's always someone else's fault - my fault, Ed's fault,
Gill's fault...... The groups are a mess and quite boring now with nothing
but attack, slander, impersonations, forged messages, porn and other
negative trash.
Most newbies will not come back and who can blame them? They don't come
here to be trolled and read porn. There are several people dedicated to
destroying these NGs for their own gratification, simply because they CAN!
Two of them aren't even from these groups and have no interest in ponds or
fish. Why are they here at all? None of their messages are or ever were
on-topic.

They are easy to spot, their words reveal their nature.

But many people will leave rather than have to dig through a cesspool of
troll garbage and filth for that one decent message hidden in the
mess........ and the trolls know this. That's how they empty a group of
decent posters until only they are left. Notice how the grossest profanity
and smut is cool to them, it's fine with them. They see nothing wrong with
it or slandering others. The rest of the trolls they bring in by
cross-posting are just noise and easily filtered out. Malicious trolls are
a whole other ball game.

It does take a bit of sorting to find legitimate posts, but the Usenet
is too valuable to just surrender.

IMO

You may change your mind in time. Besides, there will soon be no one left
here but the trolls........ and they'll move on to do the same thing to
another NG, finding another reason, another target-victim......
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Koi-Lo 18-06-2006 08:32 AM

Cum Drenched Babe Koi-Lo After Double Anal

Koi-Lo¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢wrote:

Dazed blonde joy-girl with noxious grilled cheese and gaunt rack is
looking for abhorrent shaft for unwavering boinking. Mail me at
¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢

Dick 18-06-2006 10:56 AM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:53:52 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Dick" wrote in message
.. .
On 17 Jun 2006 15:04:52 -0000, er
(X-Zenia) wrote:
[...]

As a kid I learned, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names
and faces will never harm me."

Not everyone feels hurt by name calling.

Leaving the group is another nail in its coffin.

People who come to Usenet groups are familiar with trolls.

Nasty, hateful subjects or bodies are easy to spot.

The Usenet is worth some effort. Monitoring, sorting and responding
to legitimate posts is something I can do.

I understand people leaving, I resent posts urging people to avoid.
I get very suspicious since urging people to leave has the same result
as the trolls trashy behavior.

dick

Koi-Lo 18-06-2006 03:43 PM

"Dick" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:53:52 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:
You may change your mind in time. Besides, there will soon be no one left
here but the trolls........ and they'll move on to do the same thing to
another NG, finding another reason, another target-victim......

==
As a kid I learned, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names
and faces will never harm me."
Not everyone feels hurt by name calling.

It's not just the boring redundant juvenile name calling and porn messages
Dick. It's the netkkoping and the constant slander. Ed for example though
he was doing a good thing for the group and they ketkkoped him and called
him a plagiarizer.

Leaving the group is another nail in its coffin.

This is true and this is what the trolls and malicious people want. It's a
victory of sorts for them, and they don't deny it. It gives them a large
ego boost. If they would only put all that energy and all that planning and
all that hiding and all that net-stalking and all that time into *positive
actions* here on Usenet, think how great that would be. :-)

People who come to Usenet groups are familiar with trolls.
Nasty, hateful subjects or bodies are easy to spot.

Again, this is true but some people don't want to put up with them and the
trolls know it.

The Usenet is worth some effort. Monitoring, sorting and responding
to legitimate posts is something I can do.

Yes it is, but as the trolls get more malicious and destructive with better
software and technology, they will in the end kill all or most of Usenet.
Why? Because they can,... it gratifies or satisfies some need they have
they can't satisfy any other way but by hurting others. Add the fact that
ISPs no longer care how their customers abuse their service. Their TOS and
AUPs are a joke.

I understand people leaving, I resent posts urging people to avoid.
I get very suspicious since urging people to leave has the same result
as the trolls trashy behavior.

I know what you mean. However, when a new person comes in and receives a
really nasty reply or sees the porn, they'll leave anyway. :( I know
that's what I've done when I've been to a new NG that was under attack by
malicious trolls.
If this goes as I've seen it go on other NGs, the trolls will soon
congratulate themselves on cleansing these groups of, get this,... "trolls."

--
KL....
Aquariums since 1952.

Köi-Lö 18-06-2006 04:15 PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:43:06 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

Get over it Carol, its old news and does not mean a ****ing thng to
anyone but you.

"Dick" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:53:52 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:
You may change your mind in time. Besides, there will soon be no one left
here but the trolls........ and they'll move on to do the same thing to
another NG, finding another reason, another target-victim......

==
As a kid I learned, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names
and faces will never harm me."
Not everyone feels hurt by name calling.

It's not just the boring redundant juvenile name calling and porn messages
Dick. It's the netkkoping and the constant slander. Ed for example though
he was doing a good thing for the group and they ketkkoped him and called
him a plagiarizer.

ED Alston did no good for anynone except what benefited him and only
him.....He is of the same mindset as Carol Gulley. I suspect old ED
Alston got the bounce from Frontiernet with his attrocities.........or
else he is still cowering under the skirts of his
momma.......Hopefully the former, as he was a loser anyhow. I am not
for netkoppig, but if someone done him in, so be it and lalthe power
to them.......ED Alston deserved it just for being a total asshole.
Perhaps a google search on his various NYMs would be of interest as he
seemed to have a pretty dark side from what I found......very very
dark......to the point of being a pervert, and kinky as hell........

Leaving the group is another nail in its coffin.

We use screws and rivets not nails......

This is true and this is what the trolls and malicious people want. It's a
victory of sorts for them, and they don't deny it. It gives them a large
ego boost. If they would only put all that energy and all that planning and
all that hiding and all that net-stalking and all that time into *positive
actions* here on Usenet, think how great that would be. :-)

Our energies is only being used to set the facts right about Koi Lo
aka Carol Gulley and her bullshit and sock puppet army that she uses
to infest forums with that do not grant her the her highness title she
thinks she deserves.

People who come to Usenet groups are familiar with trolls.
Nasty, hateful subjects or bodies are easy to spot.

Yea, but its what CArol Gulley and lots of others thrives on.....and
they refuse to kill file them . They can not resist reading whats said
about them. They thrive on this attention.
Again, this is true but some people don't want to put up with them and the
trolls know it.

I feel sorry for them folks, but if they post and get involved ina
fued then so be it, they get what they get in return. Keep the dog on
the prch and ignore. Use kill filters. There is a way to stil use and
enjoy these forums, but most folks are just too ignorant to use and do
what they ned to do...and would rather whine about it.
The Usenet is worth some effort. Monitoring, sorting and responding
to legitimate posts is something I can do.

No such things in real life., Real and meaningfull ony to whoever
posts it.

Yes it is, but as the trolls get more malicious and destructive with better
software and technology, they will in the end kill all or most of Usenet.
Why? Because they can,... it gratifies or satisfies some need they have
they can't satisfy any other way but by hurting others. Add the fact that
ISPs no longer care how their customers abuse their service. Their TOS and
AUPs are a joke.

They dowhat they have to do, and raise the notch one or two levels as
well. Its ok for CArol Gulley to do what she wants, so why not others
without being called a troll. ONly real troll here is CArol Gulley aka
Koi Lo

I understand people leaving, I resent posts urging people to avoid.
I get very suspicious since urging people to leave has the same result
as the trolls trashy behavior.

Folks leave because they are tired of CArol Gulleys dragging her trash
and baggage from group to group..........folks are tired of CArol
Gulley......afteral she is what brings in the unwanted posts. Without
CArol those posrts would not occur.........but still CArol insisits on
imflaming groups and posters with her assinine posts and lies.

I know what you mean. However, when a new person comes in and receives a
really nasty reply or sees the porn, they'll leave anyway. :( I know
that's what I've done when I've been to a new NG that was under attack by
malicious trolls.

Why not, the less noise to deal with the better so more
concentration can be givento the problem at
hand....CarolGulley......In all wars there is collateral damage and if
they the newbies get wacked, so be it,
If this goes as I've seen it go on other NGs, the trolls will soon
congratulate themselves on cleansing these groups of, get this,... "trolls."

The so called people yu call trolls will only be done with their work
when CArol Gulley is off USENET.......If the groups get back to
normal, fine, if not, its a small price to pay and only CArol Gulley
can be blamed for it.

Lone Gunman 19-06-2006 01:02 AM

June 17th Saturday: Troll Free Groups - Att: Dick - PLEASE READ!

On rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, in
,
"Koi-Lo" wrote:

When trolls invade a NG no one wins. If you don't reply they
call you a troll anyway, and get more vicious to get your
attention. They put the blame on you no matter what you do,
even when you ignore them! If you do reply to them, they call
you a troll because you replied. snip

Trolls are what trolls do...
That is how it's been since before the great renaming.

I have told you before Carol, the reason they troll you is because
you have never stopped feeding them, ever. Eleven years of builtup
momentum is hard to stop, and I for see it getting only worse.

No Carol, you were never a troll; you are simply the ultimate in
troll bait, a replicating catalyst for the pupetual machine.

If they change their nyms or steal yours to impersonate you,
it's OK with them as they feel you "deserve" their abuse.

If we change our NYMs to impersonate others, we are trolls. We are
not trying to had the fact we are trolls Carol, far from it.

But if you change your nym they call you a troll and a kook and
abuse you all the more.

Have you noticed that with all their complaining about nym shifting
they not only do it themselves, but refuse to killfile the target
-victims they demand keep one nym.

How often do you change your NYM Carol?

Once a Month? Once a Week? No, you change your NYM so often that you
can't be kept in a Killfile and as well no one can accurately filter
out the trolls from your own posts. This is the flaw.

If they don't plan to killfile the target-victim why complain
about their nym/nyms on Usenet?

Well duh, because trolls troll...

In the end the best thing to do is seek another forum I believe.
One that is moderated and can block those seeking to harass and
torment others on Usenet.

Give up free will for it's not worth fighting for. That's a rats
mentality if I ever heard one... :-)

And what will you do down the road when one of your group's admins
blocks you from posting because "cheap solutions" are not to be
talked about in within "their" group? That is why moderated groups
never took-off on the Usenet and Blogs have such a strong force on
the web right now.

But I won't stop you...
All of US will trow a going away party for you.

The attacks here are not going to cease for obvious reasons.

Obvious being what I've already said; she will never stop feeding.

This is or was true, but destructive negative people are killing
NGs nowadays because ISPs and some NSPs allow all forms of net
abuse. When I first got online 10 years ago such people would
lose their service before they could do much damage to a NG or
it's members. At least on the groups I was on.

It's easy to blame others, isn't it carol...

You got the whole Usenet situation back ass-ward.

The truth is, ISP/NSPs changed their methods because innocent people
where getting "kicked" over their independent views and opinions, not
because of trolling. As these people found other, more open services,
companies had to change their TOSs in order to compete.

Jump forward a few years and a booming Binary groups traffic has
driving away most free Usenet servers. Only the pay servers can
afford a feed these days. At the same time ISPs with ever shrinking
profits can't afford to keep providing a "secondary" service, so they
either provide it unsupported or discontinue it, forcing users to
look elsewhere.

Since the PAY servers like to keep customers, so it's far more
difficult to get that PAID user kicked...

That is what has changed.

The other trolls back him up, teach him how to hide his identity
to better abuse others, and in general encourage the abuse, then
sit back and watch the show with a bag of popcorn and a cold beer.

Simple paranoia... Pure speculation at it's best...

You think not? That's exactly what one troll admitted they do.

Proof? I doublt it.

But many people will leave rather than have to dig through a
cesspool of troll garbage and filth for that one decent message
hidden in the mess...

Why? Filters... Your not giving the newbie enough credit. If they a
have a question about what is going on in the group they will ask
(type-B) or company about it (type-A).

--
Anti-Troll FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/d8e4

Ignore the grassy knoll, there is only one Lone Gunman.