GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/146622-re-june-17th-saturday%3B-warning-all-groups.html)

Dick 17-06-2006 08:29 PM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups

On 17 Jun 2006 15:46:52 -0000, er
(X-Zenia) wrote:

For your own safety USE CAUTION to post on these usenet
newsgroups.

Posters are being impersonated and verbally abused.
Headers are being forged in other people's names.
There are forged messages with obscene content.
You can be their next victim.

Net criminals are attacking this newsgroup and other newsgroups
with a new
freeware program that allows attackers to commit the following
crimes
against anyone who posts. Onserve what is being done to Koi-Lo.

They can EDIT THE BODIES AND HEADERS OF ANY POSTING, changing
the text of posters with the text of the abuser's choice. The
name of this software is HipCrime NewsAgent.

You can join troll free groups at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium or

Puregold which also discusses koi, ponds, etc.
http://groups.google.com/group/Puregold

Of What Use Is Being King When One Has No Subjects?
- B. Gordon -

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

These messages are becoming as irritating as the trolls. It is fine
for people to choose to go to google, but why warn them from the
Usenet?

dick

Koi-Lo 17-06-2006 09:16 PM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups

"Dick" wrote in message
On 17 Jun 2006 15:46:52 -0000, er
(X-Zenia) wrote:

For your own safety USE CAUTION to post on these usenet
newsgroups.
The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

These messages are becoming as irritating as the trolls. It is fine
for people to choose to go to google, but why warn them from the
Usenet?

dick

============================
I think he's just warning the people on these Usenet groups to go to the
*moderated* Google fish and pond NGs. The trolls can't impersonate
legitimate posters, forge headers and post their smut on moderated Google
boards or forums as they're doing here. As you can see most of the regulars
have abandoned these groups rather than subject themselves to what's going
on.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Lone Gunman 17-06-2006 09:31 PM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

On rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, in
, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

These messages are becoming as irritating as the trolls. It is
fine for people to choose to go to google, but why warn them from
the Usenet?

Filters Dick... They work wonders...

I think he's just warning the people on these Usenet groups to go
to the *moderated* Google fish and pond NGs. The trolls can't
impersonate legitimate posters, forge headers and post their smut
on moderated Google boards or forums as they're doing here. As
you can see most of the regulars have abandoned these groups
rather than subject themselves to what's going on.

Nah, ITS just trolling the group for converts.
And I really meant "IT" since it is most likely just a bot.

--
Anti-Troll FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/d8e4

Ignore the grassy knoll, there is only one Lone Gunman.

cat daddy 17-06-2006 10:09 PM

wrote:

These messages are becoming as irritating as the trolls. It is
fine for people to choose to go to google, but why warn them from
the Usenet?

Filters Dick... They work wonders...

I think he's just warning the people on these Usenet groups to go
to the *moderated* Google fish and pond NGs. The trolls can't
impersonate legitimate posters, forge headers and post their smut
on moderated Google boards or forums as they're doing here. As
you can see most of the regulars have abandoned these groups
rather than subject themselves to what's going on.

Nah, ITS just trolling the group for converts.
And I really meant "IT" since it is most likely just a bot.

Strange you should say that, since it's been Carol posting these remailer
warnings since Day 1.

Köi-Lö 18-06-2006 02:20 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

It may or may bt be a bot, but CArol does have somethng to do with
it....Carol plays dumb and that convinces others to side up and offer
their knowledge on doing things. Carols is just a user of folks no
matter how or what it is she is gonna have to do she will do it as
she has no principals.......or morals.

Lone Gunman 18-06-2006 03:08 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

On rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, in
m,
"cat daddy" wrote:

Nah, ITS just trolling the group for converts.
And I really meant "IT" since it is most likely just a bot.

Strange you should say that, since it's been Carol posting
these remailer warnings since Day 1.

Unless you can whip out conclusive proof, say like a signed email
from one of the Anon servers with the headers from the one who is
posting those messages you have no agrument. And it's not worth
arguing over things that can't be proven, because at this point
even I could be one behind all those anon posts (sleepwalker?).

Content of a post can't be proof since anyone can cut & paste and
just asking how to doesn't mean you successfully did...

(Yes, I did history check some of Carol's past)

My take on her is that she is either one of the most brilliant social
engineers on the face of the planet or one of the most dense grannies
that ever stalked the Usenet. That's not to say she doesn't have a
lot of help on here side, but from my own dealings with here I don't
think she could keep anyone for very long.

No, everyone gives her far too much credit.

cat daddy 18-06-2006 04:39 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

lid...
"cat daddy" wrote:

Nah, ITS just trolling the group for converts.
And I really meant "IT" since it is most likely just a bot.

Strange you should say that, since it's been Carol posting
these remailer warnings since Day 1.

Unless you can whip out conclusive proof, say like a signed email
from one of the Anon servers with the headers from the one who is
posting those messages you have no agrument.

Pfttt...... We've had this conversation before.

And it's not worth
arguing over things that can't be proven, because at this point
even I could be one behind all those anon posts (sleepwalker?).

Content of a post can't be proof since anyone can cut & paste and
just asking how to doesn't mean you successfully did...

(Yes, I did history check some of Carol's past)

Well, I was there when it was happening, and saw the blundering results
spewed on RP, so I have a different perspective.

My take on her is that she is either one of the most brilliant social
engineers on the face of the planet or one of the most dense grannies
that ever stalked the Usenet. That's not to say she doesn't have a
lot of help on here side, but from my own dealings with here I don't
think she could keep anyone for very long.

No, everyone gives her far too much credit.

And, far too much benefit of a doubt......... Most nice people do that as
a matter of course when presented with obsessed k00ks.

Lone Gunman 18-06-2006 05:08 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

On rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, in
m, "cat daddy"
wrote:

Unless you can whip out conclusive proof, say like a signed email
from one of the Anon servers with the headers from the one who is
posting those messages you have no agrument.

Pfttt...... We've had this conversation before.

Not likely, but I do tend to form opinions based on the strength of
the information available. Carol is far from a victim, bringing most
of this on herself, but I still don't see how she's could do
everything said in her name (outside of slander).

Well, I was there when it was happening, and saw the blundering
results spewed on RP, so I have a different perspective.

Toss me a time frame VIA email. Can't say it will change much, but I
am a little more receptive then I once was. If anything I could add
it to list of HitB's past transgressions (for future use).

No, everyone gives her far too much credit.

And, far too much benefit of a doubt... Most nice people do that
as a matter of course when presented with obsessed k00ks.

Never said I was much of a nice person, just can't develop that much
spit over second hand words from others...

Well, bedtime. Much to do tomorrow.

Dick 18-06-2006 10:46 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 04:08:12 GMT, Lone Gunman
wrote:

On rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, in
om, "cat daddy"
wrote:

[...]

I judge each post on its merits. I can easily tell which Koi-Lo posts
are on the group's topic. Of course I can't tell if there is one, two
or more posters even looking at tht paths taken. I have no idea what
all the historical analysis is about. Either the post is interesting
or not, either I read/respond or move on to the next post.

dick

cat daddy 18-06-2006 06:09 PM

wrote:

Unless you can whip out conclusive proof, say like a signed email
from one of the Anon servers with the headers from the one who is
posting those messages you have no agrument.

Pfttt...... We've had this conversation before.

Not likely, but I do tend to form opinions based on the strength of
the information available. Carol is far from a victim, bringing most
of this on herself, but I still don't see how she's could do
everything said in her name (outside of slander).

Well, I was there when it was happening, and saw the blundering
results spewed on RP, so I have a different perspective.

Toss me a time frame VIA email. Can't say it will change much, but I
am a little more receptive then I once was. If anything I could add
it to list of HitB's past transgressions (for future use).

Try alt.privacy.anon-server around the end of February into March of 2005.
Search for "JohnS", Cracklin' Rosie, "Dusty Miller" and cross reference to
what servers Carol was using at the time in afn and the JW group. Her
remailers were also quoting the Path (including her known servers) until I
mentioned that that's how I could identify her, then the remailer sock
started editing that out. Hope you have a week for research......

This might be of minor use.

Köi-Lö 18-06-2006 06:09 PM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

But everyone is of the opinion CAro Gulley is stupid and not smart
enough to even setup Outlook properly or know how to stop her posts
from being cross posted..........she is afterall a female ( really ?)
and a retired granny so surely she would not stir up all the trouble
she is being blamed for.

hahahahahahah

Little do people realize about CArol Gulley. She is dumb as a fox!

Lone Gunman 19-06-2006 01:12 AM

wrote:

Toss me a time frame VIA email. Can't say it will change much,
but I am a little more receptive then I once was. If anything I
could add it to list of HitB's past transgressions (for future
use).

Try alt.privacy.anon-server around the end of February into March
of 2005. Search for "JohnS", Cracklin' Rosie, "Dusty Miller" and
cross reference to what servers Carol was using at the time in
afn and the JW group.

Her remailers were also quoting the Path (including her known
servers) until I mentioned that that's how I could identify her,
then the remailer sock started editing that out.

Noted. I'll look it tomorrow. OTHER things to do tonight.

Hope you have a week for research......

Try a few hours... I have two news servers that go back over 300 days
in most groups and software that can pull any time-frame withing those
days. Anything beyond that is probably still on Google Groups.

cat daddy 19-06-2006 04:39 AM

wrote:

[...]

I think Giganews stopped expiring text groups a while back. GN has 1,091
days of retention currently. Sorry to hear about your servers.......
But, it's hard enough keeping up with this crap in real time, without the
replays. Good luck with the abyss...

Roy 19-06-2006 05:19 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

Ah shit..... I'm impersonatinf the ho and everyon e k nops
it......thanks to snooze

Roy 19-06-2006 05:27 AM

June 17th Saturday; WARNING To All Groups - Dick

Talking about morals......perhaps but whatever the reason or disipline
was it certianly was
better than my ****ing ho wifes habits of ****ing the entire school and
blowing the teachers so she could at least get a passing grade..... but
I care not.

I get off imperonating Koi-Lo......... thanks snooze