Old 30-06-2006, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default fishless aquarium

How ironic. Just for laughs why don't you see where "plonk"
originated.

In article ,
Kevin wrote:
You illiterate unread troll

*--PLONK--*

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message

Poeple that put ammonia in a tank have no right to complain about
dead fish.

Best of luck.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 30-06-2006, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo the USENET net ho!

plonk

networking, abuse (Possibly influenced by British slang
"plonk" for cheap booze, or "plonker" for someone behaving
stupidly; usually written "*plonk*") The sound a newbie
makes as he falls to the bottom of a kill file. While this
term originated in the Usenet newsgroup
news:talk.bizarre, by 1994 it was widespread on Usenet and
mailing lists as a form of public ridicule.

Another theory is that it is an acronym for "Person with
Little Or No Knowledge".

Now yu know Richard, yur dealing with lots of folks in these aquaria
and pond groups that are a few cards short of a full deck.......IMNSHO
these groups are not worth yur time or effort to try and explain
anyth8ing to anyone. Just that asshole "plonking" yoiu is gonna spread
like wildfire, bedamed whatever yur intentions were.....Carol rules
and wins yet another. She has all these sheeple trained to her
standards......Her next move is bash you and trash you and blame it on
someone else....Been done many many times before and its nothing new
with that bitch. OBTW Kevin is a sock of Carols if you did not
know.....

--
Need Mercedes parts?
http://parts.mbz.org

Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

In article ,
Koi-Lo the USENET net ho! wrote:
plonk

networking, abuse (Possibly influenced by British slang
"plonk" for cheap booze, or "plonker" for someone behaving
stupidly; usually written "*plonk*") The sound a newbie
makes as he falls to the bottom of a kill file. While this
term originated in the Usenet newsgroup
news:talk.bizarre, by 1994 it was widespread on Usenet and
mailing lists as a form of public ridicule.

Another theory is that it is an acronym for "Person with
Little Or No Knowledge".

Theory my ass, I nade it up in 1988. Google is your friend.

Now yu know Richard, yur dealing with lots of folks in these aquaria
and pond groups that are a few cards short of a full deck.......IMNSHO
these groups are not worth yur time or effort to try and explain
anyth8ing to anyone. Just that asshole "plonking" yoiu is gonna spread
like wildfire, bedamed whatever yur intentions were.....Carol rules
and wins yet another. She has all these sheeple trained to her
standards......Her next move is bash you and trash you and blame it on
someone else....Been done many many times before and its nothing new
with that bitch. OBTW Kevin is a sock of Carols if you did not
know.....

The trolls don't bother me, I've seen them for 25 years. They used
to be funnier, but it's a part of usenet.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 05-07-2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
teckytim

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:18:39 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Sexton) wrote:

In article ,
Koi-Lo My impersonator is Roy TJ Hauer aka Roy. wrote:

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
Without fish in his aquarium where do you think the nitrates and
phosphates
the plants need will come from? Thin air? Fertilizer for aquariums LACK
these two major elements. I'm raising Marble Queen in water with nothing
but 5-10-5 garden fertilizer. The plant is thriving.

My god you're dangerous. Please don't ever recommend this to anyone.

Dangerous? To who? The plant (Marble Queen) is THRIVING as are the
variegated cat-tails, the pennyroyal, the pickerel rush, Elodea, hornwart
and other water plants where there are no fish to supply nitrates and
phosphates.

Of course they are.

You can kill poeples fish

HE DOESN'T KEEP FISH!!!! Reread his message!

Caps lock key broken? Exclamation mark key stuck?

just by moving that plant to a tank
with fish, I've seen it happen; it was documented here 20
years ago.

Are you saying the plant RELEASED large amounts of ammonia from it's cells
and killed fish?

I'm saying a single plant from an experimental tank fertilized with
garden fertilizer killer 24 cardinals in a 65 gallon tank when moved
there.

Why makes you think the OP has any intention of moving the plants from
the fishbowl to a tank with fish?

I don't really know how or why, but putting ammonia in a tank

So you have no idea what killed the fish. For all anybody knows there
was soap on your hands when you moved it.

to fertilize plants is abou the the stupidest things I've ever heard
and in my experience is at best a very dangerous experiment.

In a fishless bowl?

You may be getting away with it, but you are doing just that. No
sane person would do this.

Sane ppl don't get argumentative about speculation. Ammonia is one of
many valid plant nutrients. Test kits warn of potential fish
poisioning long before illness or fatality. This is an utterly silly
fight.