GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CO2, PH levels and fish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/147065-co2-ph-levels-fish.html)

Mark Newcomb 26-06-2006 05:45 PM

CO2, PH levels and fish

Maybe I missed a basic concept here - can someone explain this to me?

Assume, for the sake of argument, that straight out of the tap, my water has
a KH of 2 and a PH of 8.

So, I add CO2 to 15ppm, which drops my PH to 6.6.

Now the question: Do I look for fish and plants that like a PH of 6.6, or
do I still
look for fish and plants that like a ph of 8?

Thanks in advance

Marco Schwarz 26-06-2006 06:56 PM

CO2, PH levels and fish

Hi..

Now the question: Do I look for fish and plants that like
a PH of 6.6,

[x] Yes!

HTH.
--