Old 05-08-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Bacterial Bloom and Anacharis

Hello, in a 20g tank witha nasty bacterial bloom, I'd like to get
some anacharis in there. I like live plants, and I don't
have a very bright lighting system. The problem is, currently
the lights are on for about 2 or 3 hours, due to the bacterial bloom.
So, I wanted to know how kcuh higher I would need to knock up the time
the lights are so the anacharis will live. I however do not want the
anacharis turing into a weed, as I have heard they can with too much
lighting. Thanks in advance for help.
Pat Matson

Old 17-08-2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

I've used anacharis in plated tanks and as an 'excess nutrient sponge'
in others. one tank had the lights on whenever I remembered. If there
is any indirect light, it shouldn't take much of the tank light per
day. The biggest difference I have noticed with different lighting
conditions is the awy in which it grows. (low light it grows long with
not much leaf, high light, darker green and bushier leaves)

Bacterial Bloom and Anacharis [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 28-12-2004 04:59 PM
Bacterial soft rot, novel treatment. Daniel Joyce Orchids 0 29-01-2004 03:27 AM
Dianthus: bacterial wilt, virus or something else? szozu Gardening 2 04-08-2003 06:22 PM
bacterial gill disease John Rutz Ponds 0 21-06-2003 03:56 PM
bacterial leaf spot? Tanya Orchids 4 04-02-2003 06:16 PM