GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A lighting question. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/14893-lighting-question.html)

spider 14-04-2003 02:32 PM

A lighting question.

I just got a JBJ lighting system, it has 2 - 65watt BLUE ACTINIC bulbs and
2 - 65watt 10000k daylight bulbs.
I know the actinic bulbs are pretty much useless in a
freshwater planted tank, but now I'm starting to read
that the 10000k's aren't much better then the actinic.
Is it a waste of time using the 10000k also?
If I run some 6500k daylights with the 10000k
will that work?
Or finely, should I just load up 4 6500k's and be done with it?

thanks for any help,
Thom

Dave Millman 14-04-2003 06:20 PM

A lighting question.

spider wrote:

Or finely, should I just load up 4 6500k's and be done with it?

Yes. Ask the vendor to trade the others, or trade them at your retailer.

Rex Grigg 15-04-2003 04:08 AM

A lighting question.

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:34:21 GMT, "spider"
wrote:

You really should switch out all the bulbs. Too bad you did not get
the unit from Aqua Botanic as Robert sells it with the correct bulbs
already included.

I just got a JBJ lighting system, it has 2 - 65watt BLUE ACTINIC bulbs and
2 - 65watt 10000k daylight bulbs.
I know the actinic bulbs are pretty much useless in a
freshwater planted tank, but now I'm starting to read
that the 10000k's aren't much better then the actinic.
Is it a waste of time using the 10000k also?
If I run some 6500k daylights with the 10000k
will that work?
Or finely, should I just load up 4 6500k's and be done with it?

thanks for any help,
Thom

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!