Old 21-09-2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default CO2 Injectors for Land Plants? Yes yes OT OT, I know...

Is there something similar to Co2 injectors that would work for land
plants? I have a few ferns that I'd like to try to get to grow better
by adding co2. Anyone know if it would work?

I was thinking of maybe covering them with a bag or something and
putting a 2 liter open soda in with the plant. As the co2 left the
soda it should be available for the plant, right?

Anyone know of a web site that would have done experiments in this
area? Maybe graph plant growth vs CO2 PPM?

Thanks
RC
Old 21-09-2006, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

In article ,
Ronn Cliborn wrote:
Is there something similar to Co2 injectors that would work for land
plants? I have a few ferns that I'd like to try to get to grow better
by adding co2. Anyone know if it would work?

I was thinking of maybe covering them with a bag or something and
putting a 2 liter open soda in with the plant. As the co2 left the
soda it should be available for the plant, right?

Anyone know of a web site that would have done experiments in this
area? Maybe graph plant growth vs CO2 PPM?

The last time I looked at this all I found was the homwgrown pot crowd
were doing it. They seem to be the only ones.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Old 01-10-2006, 07:49 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

I would be telling an untruth if I said that the thought did not
occurred to me that everyone would be thinking that was what I was
trying to grow.
But if it is good for the aquatic plants, it must be good for my fern,
and my fern is in need of some help. So I'll figure it out.
Or maybe I'll ask around in the "Head" groups. I'm not prejudice.

Oddly enough I just watch a show on Hemp. I am not sure of the
difference between Hemp and Cannabis, but man, they were making
everything out of Hemp. It was quite impressive as a resource.

Ron

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 02:53:29 +0000 (UTC),

Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

In article ,
Ron Cliborn wrote:
Oddly enough I just watch a show on Hemp. I am not sure of the
difference between Hemp and Cannabis, but man, they were making
everything out of Hemp. It was quite impressive as a resource.

It's all Cannabis, but "hemp" is a rope-grade non psychoactive strain.

It grows wild in areas of this county as it self seeds and
has been around since before the 30's when it was grown for
the fibres to make rope. It's pretty amusing to see it.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Old 29-11-2006, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Richard Sexton wrote on 21 Sep 2006:

In article ,
Ronn Cliborn wrote:
Is there something similar to Co2 injectors that would work for
land plants? I have a few ferns that I'd like to try to get to
grow better by adding co2. Anyone know if it would work?

I was thinking of maybe covering them with a bag or something and
putting a 2 liter open soda in with the plant. As the co2 left
the soda it should be available for the plant, right?

Anyone know of a web site that would have done experiments in this
area? Maybe graph plant growth vs CO2 PPM?

The last time I looked at this all I found was the homwgrown pot
crowd were doing it. They seem to be the only ones.

Bit late to the conversation, but I just discovered that hydroponics
hobbyists do this all the time. They enclose the garden in a tent or
similar. I asked the guy at the store if it's dangerous to go in a
tent full of CO2, he said plants are like the canary in the mine,
they're sensitive to high concentrations of CO2: if they die, you don't
go in the tent, otherwise it's harmless.

In our area, hydroponics doesn't have to mean pot-head, could be
someone growing home garden vegetables.

--
Nick
Old 07-12-2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

While doing some searching on aquaculture and hydroponics (for amazon
sword cuttings) I found that they make large CO2 generators for whole
greenhouses (they use propane or natrual gas, sounds more like CO than
CO2 to me...). Give it a shot...