Old 22-09-2006, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Restarting Excel dosing

I ran out of Excel last week and have some arriving today.

However, as it has been over a week since the tanks were dosed and have had
25% water changes and substrate hoovered, do I treat them as "new" and use
the initial recommended doing, or dose as usual ?

TIA

Old 22-09-2006, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

"2pods" wrote in message
I ran out of Excel last week and have some arriving today.

However, as it has been over a week since the tanks were dosed and have
had 25% water changes and substrate hoovered, do I treat them as "new"
and use the initial recommended doing, or dose as usual ?

TIA

I would dose as 'new'

Dave

Old 24-09-2006, 09:16 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:17:58 +0100, 2pods wrote:

I ran out of Excel last week and have some arriving today.

However, as it has been over a week since the tanks were dosed and have
had 25% water changes and substrate hoovered, do I treat them as "new"
and use the initial recommended doing, or dose as usual ?

Most nutrients give you a ppm (parts per million( to aim for. Do your
water tests and calculate how much is needed. If that sounds like too
much work, do your normal weekly dose. Most nutrients are toxic if given
in too high of concentration.

Laie Techie

Old 24-09-2006, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

"LaieTechie" wrote in message
newsan.2006.09.24.07.16.37.345260@win_remove_get _nospam_solutions.com...
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:17:58 +0100, 2pods wrote:

I ran out of Excel last week and have some arriving today.

However, as it has been over a week since the tanks were dosed and have
had 25% water changes and substrate hoovered, do I treat them as "new"
and use the initial recommended doing, or dose as usual ?

Most nutrients give you a ppm (parts per million( to aim for. Do your
water tests and calculate how much is needed. If that sounds like too
much work, do your normal weekly dose. Most nutrients are toxic if given
in too high of concentration.

Laie Techie

You're right
I'm being lazy, my bad ;-)
reply from Seachem says start again.

has anyone seen/used these pH alerts yet ?
http://www.seachem.com/products/prod...s/pHAlert.html
I spotted them on Seachem's site when I was asking about the excel.
Useful/not useful ?

Peter