Old 23-09-2006, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default How to set-up Red Sea Bubble Counter :(

Hi All. Probably a silly question but I am about to set-up a new co2
system and purchased the Red Sea bubble counter. Anyone install one
(the Red Sea version)?

Question(s): Should there not be water within the bubble counter? If
soi, how do you get the water in it? How the fudge does one unscrew it
(to open it)?

Or should I simply just attach it and not worry about water being in
it? Red Sea has no instructions on their web site and the bubble
counter itself seems to be glued together with Crazy Glue.

Any help appreciated. I will ask where I bought it and will post if I
find out.
Cheers,
Bruce

Old 23-09-2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On 22 Sep 2006 19:56:16 -0700, "Bruce"
wrote:

Hi All. Probably a silly question but I am about to set-up a new co2
system and purchased the Red Sea bubble counter. Anyone install one
(the Red Sea version)?

Question(s): Should there not be water within the bubble counter? If
soi, how do you get the water in it? How the fudge does one unscrew it
(to open it)?

It's not glued, but it's a very very secure friction fit. If you look
closely on the top, you'll see which direction you need to turn it.

I had to use a pair of pliers on the top to get it to rotate.
Thankfully the plastic is pretty tough, so it didn't break when I
forced it.

I had no problem opening it, but it was very hard to reassemble.

Or should I simply just attach it and not worry about water being in
it? Red Sea has no instructions on their web site and the bubble
counter itself seems to be glued together with Crazy Glue.

You'll need water in there, or you won't be able to count the bubbles!
But IIRC, you may be able to just put one end in the tank, and run
some tube out the other, and suck some water into the unit.

--
2006.09.22 - Abe vs. the fish of Crum Creek!
Abe: 11
Old 23-09-2006, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Thank you for your help. Yes! It is screwed on quite tightly - so I
used a cloth to unscrew. I was afraid it would break as I had this
experience with their little co2 diffuser (and it did break).

Thanks again.
cheers,
Bruce