Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Excel Overdosing

You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

I'm also wondering about the safety of my fish.
I have Clown Loaches, Corys, Angels, Danios, and Platys.
Is there anything to look out for apart from the fish gasping at the surface
?

TIA
Peter

Old 09-10-2006, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

In article , 2pods wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article , 2pods wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

Peter

Old 09-10-2006, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

In article , 2pods wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

I use the EI thing, and that by itself does algae a lot of damage.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 18-10-2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

I use the EI thing, and that by itself does algae a lot of damage.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Can someone please tell me what the "EL thing" is ?
Thanks

Old 18-10-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps
too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

I use the EI thing, and that by itself does algae a lot of damage.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Can someone please tell me what the "EL thing" is ?
Thanks

e i = E I= Estimative Index.
See http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/inde...id=9&chapter=0

Watch the wrap.

Peter

Old 19-10-2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Can someone please tell me what the "EL thing" is ?
Thanks

e i = E I= Estimative Index.
See
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/inde...id=9&chapter=0

Watch the wrap.

Peter

Mmmmm, interesting read ! Thanks - only just started with CO2, so needs a
little thought ! lol