GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   where to buy brewers yeast (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/151745-where-buy-brewers-yeast.html)

Michael[_4_] 25-12-2006 01:45 PM

where to buy brewers yeast

Where can I buy 'live' brewers yeast for a CO2 incubator? Whole Foods
sells brewers yeast, but it's dead.

thanks

Richard Sexton 25-12-2006 04:32 PM

where to buy brewers yeast

In article ,
Michael wrote:
Where can I buy 'live' brewers yeast for a CO2 incubator? Whole Foods
sells brewers yeast, but it's dead.

Any grocery store. Usually with the flour and other stuff for making bread.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

kev 25-12-2006 04:46 PM

where to buy brewers yeast

On 25 Dec 2006, the world was enlightened by Michael's opinion about...

Where can I buy 'live' brewers yeast for a CO2 incubator? Whole Foods
sells brewers yeast, but it's dead.

thanks

I'd skip the brewers yeast and just use a much cheaper bakers yeast
available at your local market (Krogers, Wal-Mart, etc.). A 4oz jar will
last a long time. Brewers will generate more co2 in total, but it will do
so much more quickly and you'll be mixing a new batch more often.

kev

--
Trying to explain technology to a lawyer is like trying to teach algebra to
a cow. - Anon.

The Eeeevil Cabal's Nine of Spades.
Wickeddoll's on-demand FP guru.

Michael[_4_] 25-12-2006 05:21 PM

where to buy brewers yeast

Thanks !!

p.s. I just thought that Brewers yeast would last longer because of its
higher tolerance to alcohol ...
the batch of bakers yeast I just started is giving off quite a bit of
CO2, so clearly it is working.