Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Red plants

From what i have read, red plants grow far slower than other plants.
Does anyone know why? I have a 20 gallon tank with CO2 and all my
plants are growing well except for the red boys. I have a couple in a
more shaded area, but i have one out in the open. They all seem to be
losing their leaves rather quickly. any suggestions?????

Old 06-02-2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

"JoeBartoszek" wrote in message
oups.com...
From what i have read, red plants grow far slower than other plants.

Does anyone know why? I have a 20 gallon tank with CO2 and all my
plants are growing well except for the red boys. I have a couple in a
more shaded area, but i have one out in the open. They all seem to be
losing their leaves rather quickly. any suggestions?????

What type of lighting do you have, and are you using any ferts?

Old 06-02-2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

In article ,
John wrote:

"JoeBartoszek" wrote in message
roups.com...
From what i have read, red plants grow far slower than other plants.

Does anyone know why? I have a 20 gallon tank with CO2 and all my
plants are growing well except for the red boys. I have a couple in a
more shaded area, but i have one out in the open. They all seem to be
losing their leaves rather quickly. any suggestions?????

What type of lighting do you have, and are you using any ferts?

Red plants don't grow any quicker or slower than green plants.

What species of plant are we talking about here?

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 07-02-2007, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

"JoeBartoszek" wrote in message
oups.com...
From what i have read, red plants grow far slower than other plants.

Does anyone know why? I have a 20 gallon tank with CO2 and all my
plants are growing well except for the red boys. I have a couple in a
more shaded area, but i have one out in the open. They all seem to be
losing their leaves rather quickly. any suggestions?????

You probably already know this, but the red plants always need higher
lighting. Talking minimum of 3 watts per gallon and better with 4 or 5.
Duration seems to be a factor also and 8 hours a day is a bottom line.
Types of plants would be helpful to know.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On Feb 7, 9:10 pm, "Sysiphus" wrote:
"JoeBartoszek" wrote in message

oups.com...

From what i have read, red plants grow far slower than other plants.

Does anyone know why? I have a 20 gallon tank with CO2 and all my
plants are growing well except for the red boys. I have a couple in a
more shaded area, but i have one out in the open. They all seem to be
losing their leaves rather quickly. any suggestions?????

You probably already know this, but the red plants always need higher
lighting. Talking minimum of 3 watts per gallon and better with 4 or 5.
Duration seems to be a factor also and 8 hours a day is a bottom line.
Types of plants would be helpful to know.

Well i would like to know the species as well. I didnt know about the
3 watt minimum thing.... thnks i am running about 1.5 per gallon so
that could be the prob.