GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to read Hach Low range Nitrate Nitrogen test kit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15548-how-read-hach-low-range-nitrate-nitrogen-test-kit.html)

James Ervin 19-04-2003 12:56 PM

How to read Hach Low range Nitrate Nitrogen test kit

This kit measures Nitrate (N) from 0 to 1 ppm (or from 0 to 10 ppm if
you dilute the sample to a power of ten with demineralized water).

One thing that has me confused is:

"Read the mg/L nitrate nitrogen (N) through the scale window. To
obtain the results as mg/L nitrate (NO3) multiply the reading on the
scale by 4.4."

So, if I want to target the nitrate in my plant tank to 5 ppm or mg/L,
to I use the measurement of Nitrate (N) or Nitrate (NO3) (4.4 times
the other figure)?

Thanks!!

Remove SPAM to send me email.