GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/155762-lace-plant-apoptotic-tissue-formation-leaves.html)

[email protected] 23-03-2007 06:35 PM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

Here's an interesting paper on the lace plant.
Certainly more interesting than reading some whiny troll post that is
entirely off topic........

http://www.plantcell.org/cgi/content/full/16/1/60

Regards,
Tom Barr

[email protected] 23-03-2007 10:08 PM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

On Mar 23, 12:41 pm, (Reel McKoi)
wrote:
Evidently you must stutter also huh? They have medical help for
stuttering......

On 23 Mar 2007 10:35:18 -0700, wrote:

Here's an interesting paper on the lace plant.
Certainly more interesting than reading some whiny troll post that is
entirely off topic........

http://www.plantcell.org/cgi/content/full/16/1/60

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hahaha,

Seems I've trolled a troll.

Oh my, irony has no limit.

Regards,
Tom Barr

~Roy~ 24-03-2007 12:19 AM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

Dream on you bit not me, like I said there is help for you folks that
stutter......and halucinate

On 23 Mar 2007 14:08:59 -0700, wrote:

-------

David Kershaw 24-03-2007 12:27 AM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

Thanks for the link Tom, though it hardly classifies as bedtime reading. I
had never considered the link between Cheese Plant leaf development and Lace
plant Development. One has to marvel at the endless possibilities for
evolutionary progress.
Regards David
ups.com...

Richard Sexton 24-03-2007 01:09 AM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

In article . com,
wrote:
Here's an interesting paper on the lace plant.
Certainly more interesting than reading some whiny troll post that is
entirely off topic........

http://www.plantcell.org/cgi/content/full/16/1/60

Notice the publication date. 4 years ago. I saw this thing
when it was on slashdot last week too.

That's knid of embarassing that a laceplant article can hide like
this for so long. :-)

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

[email protected] 24-03-2007 01:20 AM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

On Mar 23, 4:27 pm, "David Kershaw"
wrote:
Thanks for the link Tom, though it hardly classifies as bedtime reading. I
had never considered the link between Cheese Plant leaf development and Lace
plant Development. One has to marvel at the endless possibilities for
evolutionary progress.
Regards wrote in message

ups.com...

Here's an interesting paper on the lace plant.
Certainly more interesting than reading some whiny troll post that is
entirely off topic........

http://www.plantcell.org/cgi/content/full/16/1/60

Regards,
Tom Barr

It is interesting, this is also how leaf development also occurs in
lobed leaf developing morphology such as oaks etc. It also has a great
deal of potential in cancer research where the critter folks have been
a lot of work.
But yes, very dense reading, I typically had to read such papers a few
times myself. There's a lot in there.

One criticism I had with it was the relationship that leaves developed
this due to low O2, that might occur in low O2/Redox sediments, but
the water column is typically moving where these plants are from and
in most aquatic plant systems where ever the leaves are. They increase
surface area for nutrient uptake and CO2 exchange, but I do not buy
their reasoning for low O2, that's terrestrial plant folks/assuming
talking there and not aquatic plant folks.

Dr Kane at UF has done a fair amount with them as well and has grown
them in tissue culture emersed, they do not produce the holes though,
there is plenty of O2, but there's also plenty of CO2 as well. So it
cannot be developmental although it is genetic given particular
environments

While many wonder about genetics, they are really just tinkering with
things and seeing what happens, there is not an over riding method to
the madness at times. But using each level from biochemical the
ecosystem and being able to link each to the other are highly useful
skills

Regards,
Tom Barr

Marco Schwarz 24-03-2007 05:05 PM

Lace plant and apoptotic tissue formation of leaves

Hi..

Seems I've trolled a troll.

Please stop trolling the trolls..! Thanks..!

Oh my, irony has no limit.

;-)

--
cu