Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default New UK aquatic plant society (UKAPS)

In talking with many UK aquarist in the last few years, it seems the
UK's aquatic plant society time is due.

http://www.barrreport.com/uk-aquatic-plant-society/

There are no advertiser there, just hobbyists. It's open access to any
that are interested and it cost you nothing to join. Some innovative
simpler methods to have and form a club are discussed.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Hi Tom,
What part of the country do you live in? I personally come from
Gods own county. My reason for asking is to gain some idea of the possible
locations for group meetings, it makes little sense if one has to travel
several hundred miles.
Regards David
oups.com...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On Apr 6, 12:13 am, "David Kershaw"
wrote:
Hi Tom,
What part of the country do you live in? I personally come from
Gods own county. My reason for asking is to gain some idea of the possible
locations for group meetings, it makes little sense if one has to travel
several hundred miles.
Regards wrote in message

oups.com...

I do not live in the UK.We are trying to get a listing of folk's on
the map so to speak. From there, they can plan meetings. Folks have
been talking about this for years, but I decided it was long past due
and got off my duff to form a cohesive group and list etc.

I have helped a number of groups form locally in various parts of the
USA and elsewhere. We use a simple model and it works amazingly well.

Makes it very easy for new folks to join and has lots of carrots to
keep and bring them in with no down sides to speak of.

Rotation of the meeting sites is one way to help bring various groups
together.
I would encourage you to go to the site and tell folks a bit about
yourself.
General area, what species you keep etc.

Plant swaps are free for members, and $ is raised via plant internet
sales, LFS sales etc. So we only use plant Pounds, no real money
inside the club itself, makes the book keeping very easy

Regards,
Tom Barr